When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Ok I want to say that it is time to form an organization or union to represent musicians. I have been very impressed this year by Voice the 2016 Soca Monarch and i want to take this time to congratulate him on his victory and his winning song, Life has really been good to him and that opening line...From you wake up this morning..Yous a winner" is such a fantastic opening line..I have to congratulate Voice for his song Cheers to Life because it represents what young musicains can do and also that our young musicians need our support. So again I am calling for the creation of an organisation or a union to represent musicians that helps them negotiate the local and international market. Big up Machel Montano who has been working to open doors for our music abroad and a special congratulations to Bunji Garlin and Maximus Dan for their award at the 2016 Grammys. So to all who listening write up the constitution and let me be the fist member to pay my dues.

More Love  -- Len "Boogsie" Sharpe

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many see the steelband/pan as ah dead end and take it for what it is, hence the lack of involvement of  those with the potential to make it flourish.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service