When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Welcome to the When Steel Talks Family -- Introduce Yourself

Welcome to our global steelpan music family. Take some time to tell us about yourself and become friends with old and new members.

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi my name is Ken Greene, I have played with Casablanca, Syncopators, Starlift and was part of the split that formed Phase2 back in the day, along with Selwyn Taro, Sayman, Ian, Andy and Mikey Phillips Glaude Boogsie., a young vocalist called Brooks Barry Howard on Drums, Peter Aleong as Manager.and a couple more names I forgot, no disrespect intended.Please name youselves if you read this.Our intentions then was to break off the Panorama scene by taking the band in a different direction, it was a good dream, We had Boogsie sorrounded by skilled players, That dream was however overpowered by the enormous effect that the Panorama competition had and continue to have on the Instrument.I have played professionally on the night club circuit in Bermuda for fifteen years. and enjoyed entertaining extensively on cruise ships sailing out of American waters to foreign ports of call, and has performed in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and throughout the United States, where I now reside.I currently play special events on the private party circuit in the States. Latin, Soca and Reggae with some jazz overtones are the prominent sounds of my vast repertoire. I have recorded two CD's Sweet Talking and Dancers in a dream available at CDbaby and at my website www.onthebreez.com.

Much love to all you pan people for the support of the Instrument.
Chris Raymond.. member of Sonatas steel orchestra..& Pan Ivory steel band... my main pan is tenor... but familiar and play every pan
hi wst ,
i'm shiki, i play for and Captain Pantime Steel Orchestra in St. Lucia.I've also played for Solo PanKnights and Desperadoes in Trinidad and Ebonites in Antigua....nice to be here sharing and listen to other pan men
First of all, I must give kudos to “When Steel Talks” for the wonderful job you have been doing in the promotion of the steelband. For the last few years, particularly around Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) Carnival time, I frequent the Website for the latest pan news. I am an avid lover of T&T culture, especially calypso and pan. In addition, I have been very involved in soccer in T&T and the USA. I have been living in the Washington, DC area since 1974. I presently reside in Alexandria, Virginia.
Hey Trevor,

What is the level of your involvement with football in the USA? Do you play and if so, what leagues? It's possible we have crossed paths as I play football in NYC.
Hi,

I was condidering relocating to DC...how huge is the Trini culture in DC ???
HI WST,

I am Fahyola Stewart from Trinidad & Tobago.I've been playing pan since 2001 also a bonafide member of Fonclaire Steel Orchestra. I must say I enjoyed playing pan over the years and I will continue enjoying it so longs am alive.

Nice to meet everyone here as well.
Hey Fahyola, glad to meet another Fonclairite .Sorry that the band did not make it to the finals.There's always next year.Say hello Lakatoo and the guys for me.
Wayne Harewood
Hi WST

This is Paul G. Ross and I teach and play pan in the Chicago area. I have a percussion degree (B.M.) and Masters in pan degree from Northern Illinois University and have been directing steel bands at the college level since 1987. I have my own publishing company called Pan Press, Inc. www.panpress.com and publish original music for steel band and pan solo. I also play quite a bit with my band Pan Go www.cdbaby.com/pango and as a soloist. Check out my videos if you get a chance http://whensteeltalks.ning.com/profile/JohnnyMcPan
I've performed on tenor pan in Panorama with Invaders and Starlift and at the world steel band festival with the NIU band.
Peace - Paul
I live in the Netherlands Europe, but had the privelige to live in TnT from 1984 thru 1986 and fell in love with the music.
I still try to follow the Professor, Boogsie, Sparrow and Chalkdust
One day I hope to be instrumental in having f.e Pahse II on a prominent stage in my country.
HELLO, MY NAME IS BEDE, I AM 64 YRS OLD. I STARTED PLAYING (TENOR) WITH CITY SYNCOPATORS SOMEWHERE IN THE LATE 50'S WITH KELVIN AND KENNY HART (DECEASED). THOSE WERE SOME GOOD DAYS. LATER ON I PLAYED ON THE STAGE SIDE WITH WEST SIDE SYMPHONY JUST AFTER THEY WON THE MUSIC FESTIVAL IN THE 60'S, THEN I END UP WITH CITY SYMPHONY, MICHIGAN (DECEASED) WAS THE CAPTAIN. I DONT PLAY ANY MORE, I CAN STILL PLAY, AND I HAVE A GOOD EAR FOR CHORDS AND HARMONY.
MY FAVORITE INSTRUMENT IN ARRANGING MUSIC IS THE DOUBLE TENOR AND BASS.
BEDE
Hi everyone , my name is Nigel Supersad and consider it a blessing to be born in the land of Pan. I started playing since 1988 and by God's grace will continue to do so until the day he's ready for me.

Playing pan became my profession from around 1997 or maybe a little before that. I played in quite a few steelbands here at home but my home-band is Tropical Angel Harps. I mainly work as a soloist and did some years on cruise ships. I'm presently at home now trying the land gigs again and intend to form a combo or something, so things could be more exciting. I also have a few compositions of my own for steelpan. I include them in my performances and have recorded some of them so far........ Gonna work on bringing out my own album sometime soon.

Well thats about all for now......... i'm really happy there's a website like this one, for the global pan family .

Thanks alot to the creators !

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service