When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

What is the reason for the north ability to dominate panorama. South only have 1win, if NuTones is from south then it's 2.

Views: 591

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The question of better arrangers existing in the north is not valid because I know when the boss himself clive Bradley arranged for. Deltones and panosonnic connection with no difference in result,I also know when Jit Samaroo arranged for tornadoes and lee chung pan glow,even this year the arranger for the band from la bra was not from south
:- result, no big improvement to talk about maybe the management of bands in south need to rethink there approach to the whole panorama issue of north vs south for when bands have to go from south or even deep south to perform at competitive level it does affect the players,I remember when the rama was held in skinner park back in 2k7 and all the issues surrounding bands from north coming south,and this was mainly due to the fact that they all that just making that trip with all the issues surrounding pans,racks,trucks,players,bus could make the difference between players performing at there best and players just performing,I know of occasions when bands from south had to deal with racks and instruments that were damaged during transport to pos,one year skiffle's float axle was damaged beyound repair after the trip from south and they had to borrow renegades small float and make do so you see south bands are never on the same level when they perform in north

Sheldon you brought up a valid point about the players having to unload their racks and instruments then going to play, the players that do not have to do this have a slight edge. Pan Trinbago should supply people to assist bands that come from far. About the arrangers  the north just have more.

Folks I think that the reason fof the reduced number of bands coming out of south is simple,if players are not seeing favorable results then there is little encouragement,after you stay practicing in yuh yard till all odd hours and still yuh cah make ah final for in south we always here that yuh have to practice,practice,practice so with ever passing year they carrying sessions longer and longer. And still no change in results this could really affect moral ,so if opportunity presents itself and you get a chance to play with a band that have a real shot at winning you gone, no question about that,let's be real folks which player does not want to experience a rama win (I do) is only due to having to drive down de h/way at wee hours after practice why I ant gone north yet
Folks I think that the reason fof the reduced number of bands coming out of south is simple,if players are not seeing favorable results then there is little encouragement,after you stay practicing in yuh yard till all odd hours and still yuh cah make ah final for in south we always here that yuh have to practice,practice,practice so with ever passing year they carrying sessions longer and longer. And still no change in results this could really affect moral ,so if opportunity presents itself and you get a chance to play with a band that have a real shot at winning you gone, no question about that,let's be real folks which player does not want to experience a rama win (I do) is only due to having to drive down de h/way at wee hours after practice why I ant gone north yet
Sorry folks didn't realize this thing went through three times

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service