St. George’s, Grenada, W.I. - The Steel Pan was in the spotlight last Saturday as a very exciting weekend of sweet pan music started the build up to Spicemas and Panorama 2009. The 2009 Bomb Tune competition that formed part of the Panorama Launch produced a show of extremely high standard, and an astounding turnout of patrons. The Tivoli Hard Court in St. Andrew’s was the venue that played host to the eight steelbands which will compete in the 2009 Panorama finals on Saturday August 8th at the country’s National Stadium. Performing an Andy Chichester arrangement of August Is The Time, Republic Bank Angel Harps came out on top. They were followed by New Dimensions and Rainbow City All Stars, respectively. click for more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congrats Angel Harps from the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force Steel Orchestra
  • Congratulations to all the bands and i must compliment Rainbow City All Stars on a splendid performance. They've been two years out of competition and they really came back with a bomb, playing Party composed by Ajamu and arranged by Othniel St. Clair.
  • Congratulations to Angel Harps for the bomb competition and all the best from Ebony Steel Band and Pepe Francis
This reply was deleted.