New York 2015 J'Ouvert Results

J’Ouvert City International, Inc. thank all the Mas, Steelband and Rhythm Bands, Mas Designers, Researchers, Judges, Security Media, United States Steelband Association, Basement Recording, Onez Cleaners, Bench Warmers Rhythm Section and special thanks to the Police Officers especially 67th South.  

J’Ouvert City International says do not blame us for crimes that have been happening in New York. Let’s go back, when the Boston Bomber set off a bomb at the Marathon, they did not blame the Marathon.  At the dropping of the Ball at Times Square they found a bomb, they did not blame the event, therefore do not blame our Caribbean culture for crimes we do not have control over, or did not happen on in our J’Ouvert parade.

Join with J’Ouvert City International, the Elected Officials and concerned citizens – We will not allow J’Ouvert Celebration to be stopped. According to Brooklyn Borough President “J’Ouvert isn’t going anywhere”.

Jouvert 2015 Brooklyn
Jouvert 2015
  Fancy Mas Played Points
1 Pagwah Africa 387
2 Michael “Waco” Jack Tribute 278
3 Natural  Expression Great Nations 247
4 Belmont Connection Universal  Sailor 224
5 Philly Pan Stars Sailor 201
6 Legends African Kaleidoscope 166
7 Paula Davis & Associates Aquarium 160
8 Roy Pierre & Associates Pirates Disqualified

Traditional Mas Played Points
1 Oildowners Federal Indictment For All 283
2 Dirty Dreams The darkness of light'  154
2 No sleeping Red Jab Jab 154
4 Jab Jab Oil Jab Jab 150
5 Spice Island Jab Jab 149 149

Calypso Steelband Played Points
1 D’Radoes Like A Boss 271
2 Steel Xplosion Carless Whisper 264
3 Phyllis Pan Stars Eye of The Tiger  263
4 Pan Liberty Don’t Look Any Further  259
5 Legend Pan Stars What We Have In Jesus 253
6 Despers Like A Boss 250
7 Tropical Pan Vibes Country Road 247
8 Utopia Stay With Me 238
9 Heart of Steel Hello 231

Steelband Bomb Played Points
1 Pan Liberty Don’t Look Any Further 313
2 Steel Xplosion Careless Whisper 308
3 Tropical Pan Vibes I Can’t Stop Loving You 304
4 Legend Stars Country Road 278
5 Utopia Pan Soul Stay with Me 252

Rhythm Band Played Points
1 Pagwah   150
2 Rhythm Masters   129
3 Natural Expression   127
4 Five Star   120
5 Spice Isle   118

From the News desk of J'Ouvert International

Watch J'Ouvert 2015 in Video

- See more at: http://www.panonthenet.com/news/2015/sep/jouvert-2015-results-9-3-2015.htm#sthash.YoEJH6zP.dpuf

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm still trying to figure out who is Phyllis and when did she take over Philly Pan Stars...

• LOL Noah, Phyllis looks like a Typo, instead of Philly

• Something is wrong with the results of the pan competitions! Despers USA did not play Like a Boss, their calypso was Lucy. Also, my understanding is that bands were judged in two categories, calypso and bomb. Are the following songs considered calypsoes: Careless Whisper, Eye of the Tiger, Don’t Look any Further, What We Have in Jesus, Country Road, Stay With Me, and Hello? J'Ouvert city, please clarify.

• There was some kind of confusion... at the first competition we were told to play a bomb tune... at the second competition we were told to play a bomb tune.... so?

This reply was deleted.