NIU Today

Clifford AlexisIllinois, Chicago, USA - NIU’s Cliff Alexis, steel drum builder and tuner and co-director of the world-renowned NIU Steel Band, is among four prominent percussionists chosen for induction to the Percussive Arts Society Hall of Fame.

The induction of the quartet, all important figures who have shaped the percussion world through their innovations, performances and scholarly work, takes place Thursday, Nov. 14, during the 39th annual Percussive Arts Society International Convention at the Indianapolis Convention Center.

....Alexis is internationally recognized within the steelpan community for his generous contributions as a performer, composer, arranger, tuner, builder and educator.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Cliff. There is no one more deserving. Thank you for your many years of dedication and love and your continuing commitment to the development of the steel pan. I salute you.

• Congrats Cliff for your contribution and achievement. Continue with the blessings
  • Great choice!!  I'm honored to say that I had made his acquaintance in the past.

• Congratulations! You have dedicated your life to the pan movement and you truly deserve this honour.  Continue your outstanding work at NIU.

This reply was deleted.