Replies

• Good night to WST community.

The time ticks away and the hours are counting down. Not much is being said on this matter.

I pray that our principles vested in the PanTrinbago executive shall bear the fruit of respect earned, and not the unwholesome taste of the benefit of the few, on the backs of many.

Salah's work and our united struggle must count for blessings for our future of pan, in the birthplace of its root. Not for the incongruent crumbs of those who jest with serious business.

Safe travels to BP Renegades on their tour that they may be very successful and return home safely. God's prayers and hope to PanTrinbago to do the right thing to develop the strategy.... to win the war.

Manager - PowerStars Steel Orchestra

• If anything Gypsy's comments have provoke unity amongst the pan community.  Now let's hope and pray this translates into long-term action on their part to follow-through with initiatives to move pan forward.  Time will tell, but I see a calypso in the making... ;-)

• As long as everybody stands shoulder to shoulder with Pan Trinbago, this is the way to start the New Year. Pan Trinbago has taken a stance and rightly so.

• I applaud this decision taken by the executive of 'PAN TRINBAGO', and the PAN family as a whole. It shows courage under such DRACONIAN mind-set, that knows nothing about fairplay. It is not just gypsy, he is only the face, the others hiding behind. This is more that just about PANORAMA. STAY TUNED. WE WILL SEE AS WE GO ALONG. WE HAVE A TENDANCY TO FORGET TOO QUICKLY. LET'S NOT FORGET." CULTURE IS THE SOUL OF A NATION."
  • Now that Pantrinbago has rejected the Government offer for fundings, is there some strategy by the leaderhip to harness some of the multi-million dollars been spend within the Steelpan fraternity, by any means neccessary. Pantrinibago must be respected, be a more major player and treated equally as any other Natioanlly owned enterprise. How many countries can lay claim to a National Instrument? The Steel pan players deserves to be treated with much respect and more dignity.

Salute  

• Beautiful ! Stand up for your rights.BUT ....do not hold your breath waiting for the Minister to Apoligize it will not happen for reasons we all know.

Stand your ground remember United we stand divided we ...........

• Is only amongst cows and sheep, that a cow boy could ride into the middle and slaughter the fattest without resistance or retaliation from the others. Some how, for what ever reason, or reasons best known only to him, that cow boy rode into a nest of African Bees, and you can bet your life, Bees act differently to such intrusion.
      • So what Michael you think we should sting him?:)
  • I commend Pan Trinbago and the entire Steeldand community for its noble stand against this transgression by the  government.This issue ,I believe goes beyond Panorama. It attacks, disregards, and disrespect the very fabric of our cultural heritage.Is this cultural genocide??.Are we seeing the beginnings of a Cultural Holocaust aimed at people of AFRICAN ancestry?The Steelpan and steelband were born out of the struggles of our ancestors from slavery to disenfranchisement in the post slavery period. Both The steelpan and steelband is an undeniable legacy of the determination of a people to retain and protect their cultural identity for future generations. Any attack on this art form or any aspect of the carnival arts must be seen as an attack on our cultural heritage. It is therefore unbelievable that the Minister of ARTS and MULTICULTURALISM does not recognize his responsibility to ensure the steelband community be given every opportunity to celebrate this aspect of our cultural heritage.He does not seem to embrace the mandate of any MULTICULTURAL ministry to be supportive of all cultural groups and stake holders and to do so in an equitable manner.Soca monarch:-$2million,Chutney:- $2million, Panplayer:-800  Where is the justice here.Is this equitable?. I do hope THe Government will correct this injustice.
This reply was deleted.