Replies

• Great idea Claude, it will be a seller with any of our bands. Massive market out there.... I went to Brazil in 2000 and i met one man in Santos, when I told him i was from Trinidad and Tobago, the first thing that the man said was steel pan, and started to cry. Saying that some trinis came there in the 50's and 60's with pans and was doing great music, but could not get back home because they could not raise enough to travel... they died there... I tried getting more information from him, but language barrier was the problem. Very little Portuguese and he very little English.

• Carlyle: Is only who been there KNOW THE LANGUAGE BARRIER PROBLEM. Ah never feel so DUMB in meh life moving around RIO for the CARNAVAL and not being able to speak or understand the language or read the NEWSPAPERS.

Some locals carry me up to the FAVELAS and I standing up there like a DUMMY. Suddenly ah man say something to me and all the BRAZILIANS start looking at me and laughing. So I ask the BRAZIL FELLAH who I was with and who spoke a little ENGLISH what they was laughing at.

He told me that the fellah say that how come I doh speak PORTUGUESE when I look as if I BORN IN THE FAVELA .., I could not even CUSS the man he was not going to understand. Yuh bring back some memories.

• If I was the EXTERNAL RELATIONS OFFICER of PAN TRINBAGO, I would contact this band immediately.

YUH LISTENING, DANE GULSTON? And I would organize a TOUR with this band -- STARTING IN HOUSTON, TEXAS and heading all the way down to TIERRA DEL FUEGO!!!

Dat is the KINDA TING that I think an EXTERNAL RELATIONS OFFICER of PAN TRINBAGO should be doing!!!

But DANE GULSTON only following BEVERLEY around taking pictures with her and KISSING UP TO THE POWER!!!

That is NOT in the BEST INTEREST OF PAN PROGRESS!!!

This reply was deleted.