2012 St. Lucia Panorama Results

Babonneau Steel Orchestra retains St. Lucia title; Harmonites repeats win in Small Band Category

Gros Islet, Saint Lucia, W.I. - St. Lucia’s 2012 National Panorama saw steel orchestras competing in the large band category and in the small category. After five hours of intense music competition, defending title-holders large band Babonneau Steel Orchestra, triumphed - keeping firm hold on the title of St. Lucia Panorama champs for another year. Hailing from the same village (Babonneau) in St. Lucia as the large category winners (Babonneau Steel Orchestra) Harmonites Steel Orchestra also delivered a repeat, and emerged winners once more in the small band category. The task of determining musical supremacy fell to five judges, three from Trinidad (including Reynolds Higgings and Ezra Joseph) and two from St. Lucia, one of whom was Tony Wilkinson.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• CORRECTION! The show did not start on time  because the tickets arrived at 8:00 pm, were not sold until 8:10 pm and the gates opened at 8:20 pm. I know, I was there.

This reply was deleted.