2015 Steel band Panorama

This years Panorama was the worst ever, especially where "Pablo" a Pantrinbago bully representative made a statement weeks prior to panorama that , their will be a new panorama champion 2015, which means Phase II will not win their 3 straight panorama, this individual should be held accountable for that statement, as and executive member of Pantrinbago, for me the best bands I heard Panorama night was, Phase II, Renegades, Skiffle, in the large bands, and Panelders and Katzenjammers, in the Medium band, my decision is strickly based on music, the best music played on the 9th wonder of the world, the rest I have a problem with noise, our poet and nobel peace prize winner VIDIAL NAIPAUL once wrote that "Trinidadians" love noise, I now understand what he ment...

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• L.M.Jordan, I am in complete agreement with you( I thought Katzenjammers may have edged PanElders). I will say again, Panorama is a musical competition and should be judged first of all as such. Dalton Narine made mention of AllStars' selection, Unquestionable and likened it to a selection of motifs and riffs and that to my mind does not make a song.  

• To much refurbished music by All Stars. How much must can we take. Does the jubges hear this year after year
    • Stupess refurbished music every yr
    • Why should All Stars change if they can beat you with last year's music. What does that say about the rest of the bands abilities? Maybe the other bands need to do some reflection and change something they are doing - like fire management, fire the arranger, fire the tuner, move into a different category, get new players, one band per player, etc, etc,etc..

bugs

• LMJ, you must be a Phase 11 fanatic or Phanatic. Renegades, Fonclaire, Invaders.

• Future judges: Dr. Dawn Batson, Andy Narrell (if he is not arranging), Liam Teague, Ray Holman and Andre White (if they are not arranging),

• That reminds me Patrick some time ago I suggested that non-finalists after semis voluntarily offer their services to judge. Place all their names into a pot and pull five names on the eve of the Finals. Result: all finalists will be judged by their peers.

• I like the idea of being judged by one's peers.
        But can you imagine if Fonclaire is a non-finalist after semis, and their arranger is one of the five pulled to judge the finals? Well!....... :-)
        • I did say voluntarily.......so should the non-finalists rather gripe than judge, fine. Seriously though the Prof would make a good judge based on his experience and musical acumen.

• Cecil:

I stand by opinion as well. I listen to 1996's Blast OFF arrangement by Robbie..those bass lines.. impeccable!

This reply was deleted.