2016 PAN MUSIC....

Usually by this time every year we have a few Pan songs on the airwaves, I find it strange that there is no new music seeing that the season is short. Did you hear any new music?

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Young and Free By Venessa Headley is another good song, I would like to see a few bands play it. This guy Jodel Francis sounds like a kid but he also has a strong song in Congrats.

• There are certain facts that we have to understand about the Pan Tune, like, you might not see it on a CD or DVD, it is produced with the hope that some band pick it up, if it's not it goes in the pile of forgotten music. The pan song is not promoted on main stream radio because they are busy pumping up wine and jam  for carnival,  this makes it close to impossible to survive. No one is promoting Pan Tunes which is sad.

• Cecil: I think I saw a change in direction this year. Of course, unlike you, I am not going to risk listening to all the PAN SONGS on WST because I have been fed too much garbage over the last few years. But I sense new awareness and a fresh direction for the PAN SONGS this year. My problem is that the composers change course too easily from year to year instead of staying on a developmental trajectory. Boogsie might survive with a song this year. But if the music next year builds on the Pelham and Liam efforts (this year) then Boogsie is going to get parked out.

• Claude what do you think of this tune?

https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/page/sweetest-escape

• Bugs: You put me on the spot. If I had found that song on my own I would have stopped listening to it after 20 seconds. In this case, I went ahead and listened to the entire song. Interesting aspects but I have too many barriers set for that song to reach me.

Remember: I am listening with a CALYPSO EAR and not so much how the song will THRIVE as a PAN SONG in the hands of STEELBAND PLAYERS.

• Bugs, "Doh Jam Me So"  by Skippy is the closest thing to Kitch I've seen.

• Pan Times, 2016 Pan Tunes #1- #5 is giving us 2015 Pan Tunes, just pointing it out.

• Cecil, 

You should take a listen to that tune by Gerelle Forbes put down called "Roxanne". Just how last year we had "Outta de Box" catch everyone by surprise, dis is real tune....

• True dat Jerry. Roxanne is nice.

bugs

• A GROOVY PAN SONG IS
    COMPOSED, WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY MIGUEL "MARIO" CAMPS
    AND IS VOCALISED BY THE AWESOME JULIET ROBIN
    ANIMATION DONE BY MIGUEL

This reply was deleted.