Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

Pan Trinbago President, Beverley Ramsey-Moore, speaks to the media at the demolished Ministry of Works Building, Steve Archibar Street, San Fernando on Friday
Pan Trinbago President, Beverley Ramsey-Moore, speaks to the media at the demolished Ministry of Works Building, Steve Archibar Street, San Fernando on Friday

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Days after Hatters Steel Orchestra was told again that it would be temporarily housed opposite its panyard on Lady Hailes Avenue, San Fernando, the Ministry of Works building earmarked for its relocation is being demolished.

A meeting scheduled for Friday, to map out how the relocation would take place, between Hatters' executive and a Udecott official, was rescheduled to next Tuesday.

....Pan Trinbago president Beverley Ramsey-Moore said she is looking forward to this meeting as the band is on the verge of becoming homeless, since its present base is also scheduled for demolition to make way for the San Fernando Waterfront Development.

....“Based on what I am hearing from this side (Hatters), they were promised to be housed here (MOWT building) temporarily – and right after the promise was made, the demolition started. I think this is unfair.”
See more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Hatters’ chairman Whitfield Weekes explained that there was promise, and expectation, that, as the last surviving south band to win a national Panorama, Hatters would be relocated to the MOWT building because its present location was in the way of the waterfront development. He said a state-of-the-art panyard to be constructed in the same area was a part of the arrangement."

Panyard management 101, who makes promises at this level without proper documentation or PLAN of ACTION???

Emotional blindness and dependency syndrome.

Pink Panther - Ah Cyar See

This reply was deleted.