When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Claude can you please bring this band Trinidad to back-up Helon Francis next year for Soca Monarch Finals on Dimanche Gras? Oh, and please bring these engineers too.

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will set up a meeting with Doctor Dolly and COLIN!!! It could be arranged and engineered!!!

Claude two years later Dimarche Gras will be the biggest draw in Caribbean. Three years later this show will make more in profits than any other in the Caribbean. Four years later, Machel will switch back to singing Calypso to enter the show and Sparrow will demand a performance spot. And Aquil will win the Something, Something Conductor Award. Of course, Rolly Polly and De Photo will watching the show from the resort "Club Jail" for past crimes against Pan.

bugs 

a great   comedy skit

This concert took place in Chile.

Chile is ranked as a high-income economy by the World Bank, and is considered one of South America's most stable and prosperous nations, leading Latin American nations in competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, economic freedom, and low perception of corruption.

247 billion USD
Chile/Gross domestic product
population 19.91 millioon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trinidad and Tobago is the wealthiest country in the Caribbean as well as the third richest country by GDP (PPP) per capita in the Americas after the United States and Canada. Furthermore, it is recognised as a high income economy by the World Bank.
42.05 billion USD
Trinidad and Tobago/Gross domestic product
population 1.365 millioon

IN 2020 GUYANA will be pumping out 500 BARRELS OF OIL per day. And we are going to open up a BIG PORT and build a SUPER HIGHWAY from GEORGETOWN all the way down to BRAZIL. Not to mention supporting the growth of STEELBANDS across the RIVERS.

Ah just hope THE GUYANESE POLITICIANS develop the country instead of STEALING and misdirecting the BILLIONS that are about to come in like that other English Speaking Island close to them did!!! GUYANA could be the DUBAI of the REGION!!!

Yuh think we could go to GUYANA and say we have OIL and RIVER?

YUH MAD OH MEH LARD, OH!!!

i will conduct the band for him.

You will be an excellent choice Aquil as conductor. Frankie McIntosh will have to be the arranger and person to score the music. 

bugs

Here is another band you might consider.

We have all the RAW INGREDIENTS in "PAN and CALYPSO" and it is still a mystery to me (well not really a mystery) why WE cannot take advantage of these art forms and spread them GLOBALLY. But then again we have the BEST COCOA in the world and we cannot turn it into CADBURY and the BEST PEPPER SAUCE in the world and we cannot get it on RESTAURANT TABLES across the globe.

So maybe we just have to leave it to KID CREOLE and ANDY NARELL and THE BAHA MEN and BUSTER POINTDEXTER and THE ANDREW SISTERS and HARRY BELAFONTE and SONNY ROLLINS and JONATHAN SCALES to REPRESENT Calypso and Pan for us GLOBALLY!

Claude folks are just dishonest. They are not ready for prime-time. The only thing that is ready for prime time is the steelbands themselves.

Check this video. It's from 2004. I didn't see one broadcast this year on all the TnT broadcast and streams that was close to this quality in terms of musicality, engineering or professionalism. And it's not even HD.

Bugs, at one time this show was a lot better, you had the police band then the Army Band what went wrong? I believe the problem is with the people that produce the show. Too much smart-men hustling and trying to palm-off sub-standard goods to the world.

Cecil

When brassmen can't hit their notes and guitars are unturned, and CTV still has a license to broadcast Carnival with audio and video that look like something before the 1940s and WACKfm audio & video engineering is the best thing since slice bread (and they have the nerve to charge people) and UTT audio is considered the best in all the world because everything out of Trinidad is so below professional,  sub-standard goods is indeed the word. And lets not forget a slew of announcers that should be arrested for perpetrating a fraud. 

And, and, and can someone tell Voice that I want him to perform his tune like these people in the video below or let Sparrow perform his tune for him at Dimarche Gras.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service