When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Eddie Quarless on his passing.

Views: 1441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sincere Condolences to the family. RIP Eddy.
My condolences to bob and his family on the passing of his brother Eddie, bob, this is nick Stephens from bravo company of the Trinidad and Tobago regiment we were in the same company. May God strengthen the entire family in your time on bereavement.

Condolences to the family of Mr. Eddie Quarless on behalf of Despers USA and Desperadoes

SAT-NAM{I SALUTE THE TRUTH IN YOU}}}}ANCESTAR *EDDIE>>>*MODUPE-O/SINCEREST GRATITUDE,ON BEHALF OF "PARRY'S PAN SCHOOL"{"PPS"}..OF WHICH YOU WERE:-PERMANENT "MUSICAL DIRECTOR"!!!

THANKS FOR GROOMING SOOOOOOOOO MANY  CHILDREN OF T&T....MUSICALLY!!! ASE! ASE! ASE-O!

HEARTFELT CONDOLENCES TO OUR EXTENDED-FAMALY!  

ONE LOVE! Val Serrant,

External Relations Officer,

Parry's Pan School.

Attachments:

From birdsong steel orchestra:

birdsong mourns the passing of Eddie Quarless, brother of Richard, Musical Director of birdsong Academy Orchestra and birdsong Steel Orchestra.  Eddie passed away in the early hours of this morning in New York where he had be ailing for some time.  Eddie was an exceptionally talented arranger who did several Panorama pieces for birdsong, All Stars and other steelbands too numerous to mention. Eddie was arranged several calypso albums, including the Shorty's path-breaking Endless Vibrations.  Eddie also made his mark as a saxophone player performing on numerous calypso albums

Condolences to Richard, his entire family and the music fraternity. We have lost a very talented musician.

RIP Eddie Quarless. Thanks for sharing your gift with the world. 

Condolences to the family.

Deepest condolences to the Quarless family, the pan world and indeed the music world has lost one its best, RIP Eddie.

Indeed a man of great talent. Condolences to the family and the pan family on his passing.  His arrangement of Dus in Yuh Face with All Stars mashed up the savannah receiving a standing ovation from the audience.  Rest in eternal peace Mr. Quarless, I did not know you personally, but I enjoyed your arrangements with All Stars.. Earth Quake, Heavy Roller and the famous Dus in Yuh Face.

We mourn the passing of Eddie Quarless. Below please find an obituary from Tom and Susan Montvel-Cohen and the JahPan Steel Band Family. For more information please contact Susan at 718-496-4845

OBITUARY

Musician, arranger and producer Edison Anthony "Eddie" Quarless was born April 9, 1952, in Palo Seco, Trinidad. He passed away from complications from non-Hodgkins lymphoma on J'Ouvert Morning, September 1, 2014, in Brooklyn, NY.

He grew up in Tacarigua, where his mother Beryl "Ma" Quarless worked for many years at St. Michael's Home. It was there where his talents for music became apparent, as he quickly learned to play saxophone, keyboards, flute and steel pan, among other instruments.

The youngest-ever member of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Band, Eddie also played saxophone for many years in the orchestra in Lord Kitchener's Kalypso Revue, and as a member of Esquires along with Clive Bradley and Pelham Goddard. He toured internationally with calypso and soca's most pre-eminent musicians and performers.

As arranger and producer, he was at the forefront of the development of soca music, collaborating on literally hundreds of albums with Rawlston Charles at Charlie's Calypso City in Brooklyn, working with Sparrow, Kitchener, Shadow, Arrow, Merchant, Black Stalin, Mudada, Mighty Duke, Lord Shorty, Crazy, Swallow, Frankie McIntosh, SuperBlue and many many others.

In the mid-80s he began arranging for steel orchestras in both Trinidad and NewYork. Among his most notable works are "Earthquake," "Heavy Roller" and "Dus in Your Face," for Trinidad All Stars. Desperadoes selected him to arrange their Tribute to Clive Bradley after the Bradley's death in 2005.

In 1999, he co-founded JahPan Caribbean Steel Band, arranging and producing two CDs, performing at countless music festivals and school-based music workshops, and other engagements throughout the US.

In addition to his work with traditional and modern forms of Caribbean music, he is known for his ability to work in both classics and jazz idioms, creating arrangements that remain in the repertoires of steel bands throughout the world.

RIP we will all miss you...God's blessings for the musical archive you have left us.
To your family… I say we mourn with you, he has taken his musical abilities home.

My condolences to bob and his family on the passing of his brother Eddie, Bob i met you in Seattle,Wa,state.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service