The funeral service for the late Denzil "Dimes" Fernandez will be held at St. Margaret's Church in Belmont at 10:00am on Friday, August 14th, 2020.

About Denzil Fernandez

* Denzil Fernandez composed 15 songs and calypsoes for the steel pan, of which four have been recorded. He is acclaimed for inventing the Bore Pan (July 1984): U Bass/Den Pan (January 1987); Panzer (February 1987); Bore Reed Pan (January 1988).

* Served as tuner for:

Metropolitan Symphony Steel Orchestra of Washington DC (1991-1999)

Youth Theatre Interactions, Inc, Yonkers, New York (1991).

Gaithersburg High School, Maryland, United States (1992).

Super Sonic Steel Drum Academy, Japan (1997-1999)

Conducted a series of lectures sponsored by NEM (West Indies) Insurance Ltd on standards in steel pan tuning to schools, governmental agencies and organisations.

Lectured and conducted courses for conventional musicians, high school students and students of steel pan.

Worked as a consultant for the TT Bureau of Standards in 1987 on specifications for the standardisation of the steel pan.

Was a consultant on the mechanisation of the construction of the steel pan for Metal Industries from 1988-1989.

Arranged music compositions:

Savaneths Stage Side, Belmont (1964-1966)

The Golden Tambre, Belmont ((1989-1990)

World Missions Steel Orchestra, New York (1992)

East of the River, Washington DC (1997-1999)

See more onDenzil “Dimes” Fernandez

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes my friend. My neighbour from Belmont. First drum I sank was by you. You use to brink by pans by me to break out. Saw you last year June will miss you denzil. 

This reply was deleted.