Even in Uzbekistan dey reading bout PAN (that is a good couplet for a calypso) on WHENSTEELTALKS!!!

So I would advise anybody, anywhere in the world (even if they are on some little little little mickey mouse sub-site with about 10 readers) to come on WHENSTEELTALKS and EXPRESS THEMSELVES.

People does send me emails from ALL OVER THE WORLD telling me: Claude say this; and Claude tell dem dis and Claude tell them dat!!!

But I have to be careful because as  I explained to OSWALD ALEXANDER (and OSWALD ALEXANDER explained back to me) this whole CLOSED PAN COMMUNITY makes it a dangerous trail to walk without alienating a few people along the way.

CIP does not see that as POLITICAL but since I have been a creature of politics from the age of SEVEN (7) -- I see everything in life through a POLITICAL LENS. That's just me!!!

So I encourage all FIFTY THOUSAND readers (and the 10 TEN PEOPLE on the MICKEY MOUSE forum whose voices are not being heard) to come on the  INTERNET MECCA OF STEELBAND (ah copyrighting that term so ah doh want nobody using it but me -- not even WHENSTEELSTALKS) and let us discuss a PROGRESSIVE FUTURE FOR PAN. 

BIG UP Oswald Alexander for coming on the WHENSTEELTALKS FORUM and making his points. I would like the CIP people to routinely frequent and keep the discourse alive. I personally like GREGORY LINDSAY and AQUIL is not such ah bad fellah!!!

LONG LIVE PAN MUSIC!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A good start to embark on a self-sufficiency enterprise. Subscription funded PAN RADIO

so to take this one step further, should these 50000 be willing to subscribe up to US$ 10 per month over a one year period participating bands can share US$6,000,000 (approximately TT$24,000,000)

Even if setup costs account for 10% of this in the 1st year money would still keep rolling in.

When will the business brains wake up and smell the coffee?

• Alan: Here is a statement from Clifford Alexis (and this is the point that I was making that the TRINIS are too blind to see: [Clifford] Alexis says his future hopes are to see the NIU Steelband continue to progress and grow and "turn a lot of pan players to the world."

Percentage-wise that leaves the TRINIDAD PAN MEN in THE GLOBAL PAN DUST!!!

Aquil: I hope that you are TAKING NOTES!!!

• Well, Adam in Poland here. Love this forum but no longer comment due to racist responses to my person. Thanks for the call out however. My (white) little 9yr old son gonna kick some butt on his first Panorama in London this year. Greetings to all.
    • Adam: Don't let a few small-minded people use RACE to keep you off the forum. The truth is that TRINIS don't like to see WHITE PEOPLE playing the PAN. As I have said many times before, they want to see them BUYING THE PAN but once they BUY IT they should not PLAY IT. And if they do play it, they want them to PUT A TRINIDAD FLAG on the STAGE while they play it. I so hate that!!!

But as I have hinted many times on this forum: Down the road it is people like your 9yr old son who are going to be carrying the instrument forward -- for reasons that are quite obvious to me.

Come and join the fun. We need insights and reports from ALL CORNERS of the GLOBE!!!

• Thanks Claude. For Pan to expand in this part of the world, people need to see the relevance of it in mainstream music (it's ability to reproduce popular tunes). Thus we played for Star Wars Episode 7 premiere some John Williams themes, Jackson, Adele... We have a lot of resistance in introducing it in education though due to the cost, not only of the instrument itself but maintenance. If you are a praying man, keep us in them, if not keep your fingers crossed for us. Thanks again.
This reply was deleted.