When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Finals Order of Appearance for Large Steel Orchestras - Trinidad & Tobago National Steelband Panorama 2018

Following is the Order of Appearance for final-night competition for large conventional steel orchestras.

Region  Color Key East Zone Region North Zone Region South/Central
Zone Region
Tobago Region    

Tunes

Large Conventional Steel Orchestras

Order of Appearance TUNE BAND SONG ARRANGER
#1 Renegades
Renegades Steel Orchestra logo
Year For Love Duvone Stewart
Duvone Stewart
#2 Starlift
Starlift Steel Orchestra band logo - When Steel Talks
Full Of Vibe Robert Greenidge
Robert Greenidge
#3 Phase II Pan Groove
Phase II logo
Hello Len “Boogsie” Sharpe
Len “Boogsie” Sharpe
#4 Trinidad All Stars
Lightning Flash Leon “Smooth” Edwards
Leon “Smooth” Edwards
#5 Skiffle
Skiffle Steel Orchestra
Hello Kendall Williams, Marc Brooks, Odie Franklin
Marc Brooks
Kendall Williams
Odie Franklin
#6 Silver Stars
Silver Stars Steel Orchestra band logo - When Steel Talks
Lightning Flash Liam Teague
Liam Teague
#7 Supernovas
Supernovas Steel Orchestra band logo - When Steel Talks
Sweet Fuh Days Amrit Samaroo
Amrit Samaroo
#8 Exodus
Exodus Steel Orchestra logo
Sweet Fuh Days Pelham Goddard
Pelham Goddard

&

Terrance “BJ” Marcelle
Terrance “BJ” Marcelle

#9 Desperadoes
Desperadoes Steel Orchestra logo
Year For Love Carlton “Zanda” Alexander
Carlton “Zanda” Alexander
#10 Invaders
Invaders Steel Orchestra logo
(ITF) Inside The Festival Arddin Herbert
Arddin Herbert

Views: 2232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Renegades will play fron the first position,....it is not the best position to play from...the bands that are coming after, would have a-lot of catching-up to do!!.... because Renegades would set a very high standard "musically speaking" ....,...this is a difficult position to win from.."Desperadoes go bun them"....Desperadoes won the panorama of 1991 from a first place start....we played MUSICAL VOLCANO....A SONG THAT IS COMPOSED AND ...ARRANGED........BY ROBERT GREENIDGE........"DESPERADOES GO BUN THEM......PEACE AND LOVE!!!

This really looks like the year of the tie.  Renegades and Desperadoes. 

If Renegades can win from position one with Desperadoes essentially closing the show - it would be a serious accomplishment.

bugs

Bugs yuh really know yuh stuff boy, nuf respect!!!!....PEACE AND LOVE

Knolly: And what are you going to say to bugs on Saturday (Sunday Morning) night when ALL STARS comes first and PHASE II comes second?

CLAUDE.... YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES,  THAT "YOU" WOULD NEVER SEE!!!!

.NOT IN THIS PANORAMA,.. MAYBE NEXT YEAR,....WHAT WOULD I SAY TO BUGS IF THAT HAPPEN... BUGS   BOY.....MIRACLES DO OCCUR!!.....PEACE AND LOVE!!

Accomplishment if they tie!! I don't see what they will accomplish if they have to share first place. On final night you want to be the band that is above the rest.  And I don't think Dealers or Renegades will win. Just my opinion  

Everybody here sounding like CNN all kinds of predictions based on opinions! Chill out and wait for the showdown and may the best Band win! Support good PAN and good MUSIC and forget about the rest!

Nah man, good clean friendly arguments is good. We hyping it up for final night lol. Everybody ass will be cutting nail on Saturday 

Hopefully WACK or somebody will be streaming video LIVE from de Savannah Saturday night

MICHEAL... it would be an accomplishment  for Renegades, because the last time they won a panorama was in the year 1997...  and this is a "first time win"  with Duvone Stewart as the Arranger.... an accomplishment for Desperadoes, "winning two panorama in three years".....peace and love......DESPERADOES GO BUN THEM!!!

IF YOU HAVE INTERNET SERVICE,TRY T&T TELEVISION TV6...OR TV CNC3.. RADIO STATIONS ...WACK FM. ....POWER 102  FM...  I LISTEN TO 91.1  FM TALK CITY...GUARANTEE!

A call for Ian Franklyn:
Ian
Can you verify whether any band
since the inception of Panorama that pulled position. 1,
won as well as, won pole to pole?
If so which band and what year.

If this feat has not yet been accomplished then I assuredly sense history in the making.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service