EveningStandard.

Bank transfers: Nadia Chase Ali sent large sums of the stolen money to her native Trinidad ( Central News )

A finance director who siphoned off almost £800,000 from one of the charities behind Notting Hill Carnival has “betrayed the community”, the organisation’s boss said today.

Nadia Chase Ali, 34, made 530 transfers, paying £784,262 into her own bank account between March 2014 and December 2016.

She disguised the money from the Carnival Village Trust and its trading arm Tabernacle W11 as payments to legitimate Carnival suppliers and clients, as well as to government organisations. Bank statements showed she sent large sums of money to her native Trinidad, Isleworth crown court was told. 

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ha Ha! she thought by keeping the transfers below £1500.00 mark she would not attract the money laundering scrutiny,

but they catch she anyway. Now all that's left is to follow the money and see who buy what with it, confiscate the goods and hang dey arse.

Stealing from charities is the lowest of the low.

It's a pity neither T & T nor UK have something like Guantanamo to put dem in and forget they ever existed.

• What a pity that this type of corruption allows bobbol and commesse to permeate to negatively affect our "West Indian" communities-at-large and home and abroad, shame on them all...
  • She get SIX YEARS but that money eh ever coming back to ENGLAND. It done spend up in SWEET SWEET T&T.

But how come we CANNOT give DIAZ and FORTEAU and JOSEPH and SHEPPARD ah SIX YEARS in JAIL like that ... eh, DOCTOR DOLLY?

Yuh think we could to ENGLAND and say we have LAW -- yuh mad oh me LARD OH ... ENGLAND have more LAW more than TRINIDAD!!!

• I hope she gets the jail time she deserves, in addition to repaying the money!
  • I hope she gets the jail time she deserves, in addition to repaying the money!
This reply was deleted.