Digital Sales 46%; Synchronization Licenses 2%; Performing Rights 6%; Physical Format Sales 46%.

Now every poster on this forum will tell you that STEELPAN MUSIC is the greatest and sweetest music in the world (except JJJ and another fellah). So how come PAN TRINBAGO does not have a massive warehouse down in Trinidad (like AMAZON) just shipping millions of STEELPAN CDs around the world and raking in foreign exchange.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• YouTube's Billion-Dollar Payout Provides New Revenue for Musicians

With the industry shifting from download sales to streaming music, artists find new value online

By Steve Knopper February 5, 2014

A YouTube executive's recent revelation that the company has paid more than $1 billion to the music business over the last few years was no surprise to artists who’ve noticed an increase in online-video money on their royalty statements. "YouTube income keeps going up. It has gone up every single accounting period," says Josh Grier, an attorney who represents Wilco, Bob Mould, Ryan Adams and others. "Those who I made deals for a few years ago, and [who] bought into the game, are getting money."

7 Ways Musicians Make Money Off YouTube

The $1 billion statement by Tom Pickett, YouTube's vice president of content, at a Midem conference panel in Cannes, Frances, speaks to the growing importance of streaming revenue in the record business. Although CD sales have been plunging for more than a decade, and song and album download sales leveled off last year, YouTube's ability to "monetize" a video with lucrative advertisements is growing into a crucial source of revenue.

"It's hard to imagine, in my lifetime, [the record business] ever getting as crazy as it was in the Nineties, where you couldn't help but make money," says Grier, whose clients mostly derive YouTube income from songwriting and publishing. "But there's definitely a feeling that if streaming can be turned into a primary way of delivering music, it's going to benefit the musicians in a number of ways."

• Good Posting, ODW.  I could use a quote from Al Pacino in SCARFACE -- but it is a little obscene. Instead I will just say that that is a MIGHTY BIG PIE and PAN MUSICIANS should be breaking down doors to eat that food.

• A forum from the voices abroad "Narell,Teague,Stewart,and Steve Regis to name a few that I'm familiar with could collaborate with Pan Trinbago?
    Music that has been performed for audiences worldwide along with recordings of tours from the past put on streaming videos or other format could be utilized?
    • Very good ideas, this would be a problem for PT, the organization is created as a not for profit, any incentive for profits outside their control is setting yourself up for a challenge. Those guys you mention already know the challenge they are faced with PT, that’s why they are independent contractors. 

Here’s a scenario to look at and I question, why would Andy Narrell go to PT, to promote his live streaming concert when he can go to YOUTUBE or a third-party that already have the infrastructure in place and their customer base available to purchase the streaming video?

• Pan Trinbago is not like like some of the major Jazz Recording studios of long ago. Polygram/Verve, Blue Note and Capital records, they were able to corner the market by reissuing digitized music from their archives. In a society where great works ART are considered disposable, what else do you expect from Pan Trinbago?

At least ITUNES, AMAZON and EBAY saw ways to capitalize on what's available in the global market place and make money from PAN.

• Umm! ummm! 

This reply was deleted.