Grenada Bomb Tune 2013 Results

St. George's, Grenada, W.I.

The following are the results of the "Bomb Tune Competition" stage at the Grenada National Stadium on Sunday July 7th, 2013

1st - Coyaba New Dimension - “That’s The Way It Is” - 253 pts
2nd - Republic Bank Angel Harps - “Night Shift” - 248 pts
3rd - Lime Commancheroes - “Ghost Riders In The Sky” - 243 pts
4th - Suzuki Pan Wizards - “This Girl Is On Fire” - 225 pts
5th - Rainbow City All Stars - “I Will Survive” - 218 pts
6th - Digicel Florida All Stars - “Always On My Mind” - 181 pts

The following Steel Orchestras were not judged:

• Pan Ossia arrived (3:06) six minuets after the hour of 3pm;
  • Grand Roy Pan Angels' truck shut down and arrived thirty minuets after (3:30) 3pm;
  • Calabash Pan Lovers, because they failed to be set up at the Event on Time.  

The Rule states that All Steel Orchestras must be fully set up 1 hour before the start of the competition bomb tune starts at 5 pm.

From the Grenada Steelband Association

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• CONGRATULATIONS to New Dimensions ! 

Thanks to all other participants.  

DOES ANYONE HAVE VIDEO..?  please post it.

To all the bands that had difficulty...my condolences.  I can appreciate

how badly you feel.  Just try not to let it get you down...keep up your spirits...

and prepare for ALL possible,  unforseen obstacles...so that at next year's competition,

you will not be disappointed.

• To Junior I do understand where you are coming from and I see you are pleading for another band and not yours. From the numerous of calls that was made to the radio station this morning and people saying that what happened was indeed wrong to you all. The event stated that it started at 5 pm and from the people that called in indeed said that you all where there a little after 3 which will still grant you all being at the event on time, A truck having problems shouldn't be a reason to disqualify a band. What you all can do if you all will like to take it that far is go over the rules and guidelines that where given.

• its been the same way for the past few years only diff is third place which my band had for two years and this year we where disqualified. only thing I have a problem with is that the event started 5pm and last time I check my watch an hour before would be 4pm. No one can foresee a truck breaking down and if you want to disqualify a band for that something  is wrong with where these people stand do we all want to win so bad that we are willing to disqualify a band for something they could not have seen coming. My band is Pan-Ossia so you know.

• not surprising.

This reply was deleted.