When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

by Yvonne Webb

Trinidad Guardian

Junior Sammy Skiffle has joined forces with renowned steelpan arranger Ray Holman for Panorama 2013. Skiffle CEO Junia Regrello announced the partnership during the bands recent Independence concert at the Naparima Bowl. Holman, who attended the show, was introduced to the audience and given a rousing, San Fernando welcome. At the concert, held in collaboration with the Ministry of Planning as an Independence gift to the nation, Skiffle also honoured visionary businessman Robert Montano for the critical role he has played in shaping their band. The audience learnt that had it not been for Montano, now 91, the visionary behind the Point Lisas Industrial Estate and the Naparima Bowl, Skiffle and its previous incarnations might have been stillborn.

click for full story

Views: 726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is wonderful news. I know they'll do well.

Good Luck to Skiffle and Ray.

WEB.

So good to see Ray back in the game.

The best in south.

Great arranger, superior instruments, very talented players. An unbeatable combination. Best Wishes for 2013.

Yes, now we will hear sweet pan in south. Also wish Andy Narell was arranging. Trinis badly need these two foreign top arrangers to bring out the sweetness of these steeldrums.Their own compositions are so musical and sweet very few other arrangers come close.Boogsie is the only one that got the same gift presently. Panorama 2013 off to a good start.

narell with birdsong for 2013.

Unbelievable, steelpan ed, I just mention this arranger yesterday, hopefully will be a great panorama next year 2013. Don't want to miss.

am trying to understand your comment patrick, Andy Narell is a foreign arranger who is the other one? I hope you not refering to Ray holman he is from woodbrook Trinidad

Thank you for the correction Sweet Eustace

Skiffle is perhaps the most innovative of the major bands.  This collaboration with master Holman could be real trouble.

Maybe they will keep him for more than two years.

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service