Keith Diaz teef out all the money and lead PANORAMA to bankruptcy. Not a word from the voices of authority. Bugs used to call the DIAZ CREW gangsters but now the Police Complaints Director calling the POLICE gangsters. So Keith Diaz coming out clean after the disappearance of 31M dollars.

Personally, I would like to see NO PANORAMA 2017 giving everybody a chance to think things out and plan for a better future for PAN.

Sorry for Mia -- first chance she get to arrange for a BIG BAND and they cancel the PANORAMA because all the BOBOL come to light.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OKAY! OKAY! Allyuh getting allyuh PANORAMA stop all the grieving!!! But forget about the PAYMENTS FOR 2016. Just come and play and we will pay you for 2017. And since PAN TRINBAGO will not be handling the money this year their only option will be to steal as many PANORAMA TICKETS as possible and sell them for personal gain.

I still think that Keith Diaz will ease out of this noose around his neck and continue to REIGN SUPREME.

I cannot believe that merrytonestothebone lumping my name in the same sentence with Glenroy and Cecil. Dem is two of the most diehard PAN LOVERS in the world who love every piece of PAN MUSIC they hear. I am a CALYPSO LOVER first; and the visions that I have for PAN do not include PANORAMA or BRINGING BACK PAN ON THE ROAD FOR CARNIVAL.

And leave doctordelight alone!!! I Iove to read his postings!!!

• Claude:

Here is a gentleman (and ah eh using de word recklessly, eh) who I considered passionately verbal regarding the ills of Panorama.

Here is a gentleman with whom I can empathize regarding his frustration at the fact that nothing is being visibly done to remedy those ills, nor is anything being addressed to rectify all that is wrong with the way that Panorama is currently run.

Here is a gentleman who is not aware that he is conflating the many issues at hand simply because of the plethora of problems that need to be addressed.

Here is a gentleman with whom I agreed in a prior post that it is truly madness that because of a lack of appropriate rules and/or regulations a pannist is allowed to represent more than one band at the same Panorama.

Here is a gentleman who should know that what is most worrisome (AND embarrassing) are the ‘recent’ allegations of impropriety and malfeasance (Bobol nah!) at the very core of an organization (be it private, corporate, public, not-for-profit, etc).  That what is so damning is that money that was earmarked for those past pan participants appear to have disappeared. And to-date, as it has been stated in these forums, our pannists are yet to be paid! 

It is simple — remuneration is still forthcoming for services long already rendered! 

Claude, I am sure you would agree that the respective authorities have to be involved and made to do the right thing. It is their duty to hold accountable all those who are responsible for this “shortsightedness”.  This then is the direction to which all of our frustrations and anger (including the gentleman’s) need to be vented.

On the other hand, perhaps the gentleman is correct in that the only way to eviscerate the gangrenous limb in that pathetic organization and to solve the current predicament of pan is to cancel or stage a boycott of Panorama 2017.   Personally, I disagree because I believe it would affect adversely the very people for whom this gentleman is standing up and fighting. 

Claude, let me, with utmost respect, mention what I have been repeatedly told: “Be careful what you wish for.  When you pray for rain, be prepared to deal with the mud.”

Do you remember months ago the minister saying she is taking a good look at the organization in light of all the allegations?  Have we heard anything from that ministry since? Perhaps the minister is still looking? 

Claude, why don’t you suggest to this gentleman, that he temporarily relegates to a back burner those expats who appear to care along with those locals who just don’t. Suggest to him that he not focus on those who jump at every opportunity to criticize every minute problem without providing a scintilla of a solution.

Claude, as this gentleman has stated, he is mired in the filth and it is he who has to deal with the stench, not just when carnival rolls around but ALL the time. It is truly unfortunate that this gentleman has to confront such a formidable situation and such a daunting task.

But Claude, I honestly believe it is this gentleman’s tenacity and steadfastness that is going to bring about the necessary changes that is required to enhance Panorama, even if it is to facilitate a name change and/or the way it is run; or, to help initiate a new, vibrant, and honest organization.

Claude, believe me.  This gentleman is not the type of person who will sell out his soul or his side for a measly dollar. That’s integrity — you either have it or you don’t.  And this gentleman  has it!

Even his nom de plume manifests his loyalty!

I hope he stays strong and that he keeps on keeping on.

Let’s hope this gentleman does not give up — “You throw enough mud at a wall, some go stick.”

• Claude how could you let your client get dumped on a technicality?  

Word on the ground is that Desperadoes ain't feeling the Rolly Polly association too tuff these days. And as you know all Pan Trinbago exec must be associated with ah band.

I wonder if my boy Merrytones might willing to bail Rolly Polly out until we finish the movie?

By the way, if Rolly Polly resigns, who becomes the President? Just asking?

bugs

• Well we have THREE WEEKS to sort out the politics and the payments!!! Plenty DRAMA to come!

• Registration for Panorama 2017

Pan Trinbago Inc. is reminding members that registration for the National Panorama Competition 2017 has been extended to Friday March 18th, 2016.

National Panorama Finals (Medium & Large Conventional Bands) takes place on Saturday 25th February 2017 with the Small Conventional and Single Bands Finals on Thursday 23rd February 2017.

http://www.ncctt.org/new/index.php/media-centre/news/410-registrati...

• I called Diaz on his Saturday radio show (I95.5) and he stated that there will be Panorama. When I asked about the 2016 payment for the players, he hung up on me. I am calling on all pan lovers to deluge his show with calls (868 622 3937) every Saturday at 5:00 pm.

• If no PANORAMA, then no CARNIVAL! Use the time to clean up the messes.

• What Carnival have to do with Panorama?....Which came first?...You really think enough people care if there is Panorama or not?....

• No fete, no party, no calypso tent will ever usher in carnival like Panorama, the soul, the engine that sets up carnival. Without Panorama, carnival is empty, the disappointment takes something away even though on the actual carnival days, pan plays second fiddle. It happened before when there was a boycott in 1979 and I remember carnival was missing the energy that the big event in the savannah usually infuses. Pan people are the first to get the vibes and are the contagions of the carnival fever.

This reply was deleted.