Replies

• Earl Rodney is a MASTER of his craft.

• I am Orville DeVlugt former guitarist of the former Dutchy Brothers Orchestra Of San Fernando. As Glenroy Joseph would say, Earl Rodney is a legend in all aspects and platforms in music. I have to second on that knowledge. I personally have had the great pleasure of knowing the great Earl Rodney and I would knight him Sir Earl Rodney because I am qualified to do so.

I have known Earl Rodney when he was playing along with the late great Alan with Tropical Harmony( I apologize for not remembering Alan's last name but Glenroy will help me here) The Dutchy Brothers had the pleasure of performing along side Earl Rodney with Tropical Harmony in La Brea Point Fortin and many other beautiful towns and cities in beautiful T&T. The Dutchy Brothers liked Tropical Harmony so much the both bands developed a warm and sentimental relationship, we were so impressed with Earl Rodney's versatility and magnificent talent that when my Brother Eugene the bass player left for London in 1965, my Brother Ottmar the pianist and arranger approached the rest of Brothers and said that we need a bass player and fast, we thought of several people but decided to pose the challenge to Earl Rodney to replace our Brother Eugene on the bass,

Earl did not hesitate, since he was already hanging out with us for a while he picked up on our music and style very quickly and immediately he became our replacement bass player for our brother Eugene. Earl blended in very quickly and added a unique flavor to the band and recorded and toured with the band for a few years up until the Dutchy Brothers decided to call it quits after our last tour in 1967. I take great pleasure to endorse and applaud this wonderful enjoyable and constructive solo performed by the great Earl Rodney and I wish many others will join me in doing so. Earl Rodney went on to be the arranger for Sparrow Troubadors Band and many thereafter. In Trinidad & Tobago, great talent and great musicians/panist are not made, they are born.

Orvgille DeVlugt "Dutchy"

This reply was deleted.