The energy of Carnival is definitely in the air. Soca music’s being released every 60 seconds it would seem so it’s no surprise that radio personality and artist, Jaiga has also delivered. What we didn’t expect however, was the direction he essentially chose to go in, putting his spin on a 1989 hit single that, to this day, can turn a crowd inside out, if played at just the right time and in just the right way!

Christopher ‘Tambu’ Herbert will forever be a legend in the Calypso and Soca music industry. His voice lives in records that have made carnival lovers world over, sway infectiously, time and time again. Even as the year 2017 looms, his name is being spoken of- this as one of Soca music’s most vocal supporters who doubles up as an artiste and triples as a radio personality, pays homage to Tambu in music, reviving  the legend’s 1989 Road March winner, “Free Up” for the upcoming season in T&T.

“This is my expression of thanks to the art-form and to the elders who’ve paved a very firm and steady path for the new generation of artistes like me.” – Jaiga

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This Jaiga TC,Know how to Copy,Somebody might get SUE.

• Jaiga TC - Free Up (Stadic Refix) | 2017 Music Release

• Let's Compare ...

• hmmmm...

bugs

This reply was deleted.