Kamla promised pan factory in 2010

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

(Letter to the Editor)

Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - With national elections some three years away, Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar (pictured) seems ready again to recycle promises made 12 years ago as leader of the People’s Partnership coalition. At the weekend, Persad-Bissessar promised to establish a pan factory in the country if she returns as prime minister.

Persad-Bissessar should remember that she made the same promise in 2010 when she was seeking to become prime minister. She did become prime minister, but forgot the promise even though the PP government had the money.

I wish to remind her that the promise was contained in the PP 2010 manifesto at page 47.

see more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What a political web we weave! Kamla promised, and didn’t deliver. Isn’t that what politicians do? Didn’t know WST was into politics but…

Let me remind you, according to an article posted by Pan Times via WST. September 24, 2015. “PM TO HELP FIND PAN TRINBAGO A HOME” 

According to the article, In a speech at the Invaders steel Orch 75th anniversary the PM (Rowley) said that the present bldg was a relic, standing in a cane field, and that it should be “where people are” It is within our ability to find a location, we have to fix that, he said.

Anything I can do from the office I now hold, will be done.

So, it stands to reason, that the only thing that they (politicians) don’t deliver is TRUTH.

• I always remember that "in a cane field" line.

But ah have a better one from DAVID RUDDER: "Sweet sweet T&T -- all that sugar cyar be good for  we".

Did you catch that one?

• Absolutely. How you doin’? Mr. Claude.
        • As good as I have ever done ... and a touch better!!!

How are you doing, MR. MERCER?

• I’m good. Trying to make the best out of the worst.

This reply was deleted.