Merle Albino-de CoteauGlobal - ....While it is true that beggars cannot be choosers, in this case when the two stations overlapped in coverage there was only one real choice. That was Vibe CT 105.1 FM which was clearly superior. For reasons unknown to us i95.5 FM’s broadcast was limited to a single channel. The audio quality of 105.1 FM was vastly superior. i95.5 FM had unexplained technical difficulties that simply should not be happening in the year 2013. Both stations provided veteran commentators, however Mrs. Merle Albino-De Coteau on Vibe CT 105.1 FM gave a “ready for prime time” performance. Mrs. Albino-De Couteau - a Panorama judge in her own right - provided thoughtful, useful and accurate information and insight into both the performances and judging mindset.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• VIBE CT 105: Thank you for the excellent coverage...enhanced by Merle's critique of the respective bands. As for i95, please stop giving out erroneous information concerning steelband panoramas of the past! A little research would help. Also your broadcast sucks in terms of clarity!

•  The guys i95.5 did not even hear some of songs before the show.

\

• YES  was so very impressed by the succinct informative commentary by Ms. Merle..and we were really missing her later on in the evening!  We sure needed her ability to cut to the chase and make necessary distinctions.  It must be terribly hard to be a judge.  Thank goodness we got her for the time we did.  Hope she will be back on for the final night.  Thanks to Vibe CT 105, the audio was good, clear and well done. Thanks to all the techie crew who do this behnd the scenes work to make it all possible.  Let's hope that the LIVE video feed works this year...last year was disapppointing. SOME ONE, PLEASE WORK ON THIS FOR US,.those of us not in TRINIDAD.. We are counting on something.  I saw over 250 folks chatting tonight and many many were not in Trinidad.  We need video  & GOOD audio. 

• Absolutely, Mrs. Merle Albino-De Coteau was fantastic.Her vast experience in judging pan music was quite evident. She gave an educated account of what each band presented. I really enjoyed her commentary and hope to hear more from her. Congratulations!!

• I AGREE !  She was fabulous.

This reply was deleted.