'No New York Panorama' icon

New York, USA - While WIADCA (West Indian American Day Carnival Association) continues to ‘live large,’ the New York Pan community struggles for survival. The long, abusive relationship between New York Pan and WIADCA (the Panorama organizers) - has come to a head. The New Pan community is seeing red, and they’ve got Rihanna’s “Bitch Better Have My Money” on repeat.

Enough is enough. New York Steel Orchestras have finally, it seems, decided to stand up for themselves - at least at the time of this piece. Ten steel orchestras participated in the 2016 steelband Panorama organized and hosted by W.I.A.D.C.A. (West Indian American Day Carnival Association). The three top-placing bands: the champions D’Radoes, Pan Evolution and CrossFire have only been given half of their respective prize monies, but never received the second portion. The prize amounts were USD $20,000.00, $15,000.00 and $10,000.00, respectively.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• JJJ is the change from the dollar that make the noise.

• Trini panmen have not been paid for Panorama 2017....yet...and allyuh gone New York. WIADCA?? How 'bout NCC and/or PanTrinbago??

• In other words them pan men are the ones to blame cause they staying and taking the treatment!

• WIADCA!.I am sure that you heard what the Grand Master said.Steel Band Men Have Women to mind Too.

So pay the bands and stop  the crap,You all are the only one smart and need money.

• Where does the WIADCA get the money from to pay prizes? Time has come to separate the Steelbands from WIACA.

• The "City" CH, and this is not the first time this has happened either...

• Sorry to say but year after year been the same thing, I will have to see it to believe it with my two eyes, them bands in N.Y  still not getting all their money and will still play next Saturday even if it is 2-3 bands. Years they  getting this treatment and taking it how much months these bands know they aint get pay so why even entertain them in all of this, every meeting should have been where is the money owe and when we picking up. No band should take part in the panorama cause they may get their money and next year we will be right back at when we getting paid again!!!  

• Grenada stanup, New York stanup and the Mecca sittin' dong. The same crap happens in T&T. Nobody gives a damn about panman no place. The "Pan" stands alone.....a solitary figure...........go figure.
This reply was deleted.