NY 2017 Panorama postponed due to rain

West Indian American Day Carnival Association (WIADCA)

Due to the weather conditions Panaroma was rescheduled. We apologize for any inconvenience to the public. Once the weather permits, and the authorities deems it safe to proceed. Panaroma has been rescheduled for 09/03/17 (tomorrow) from 12 noon to 4 PM. All tickets for tonight's show will be honored!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Radoes sounds like they will win again. Adlib, Despers and Casym sound good. Unfortunately didn't hear last year's second place P.E.S.O(Pan Evolution) or Metro.
  • Did it start
    • Yes, An announcement was made that bands (insurance regs) would not be on stage, then that was reversed. Situation seems chaotic to me. People at the gates don't know what to charge. 50th ann'y tee shirts nowhere to be found. Some said they'll be available at Dimanche Gras. Confusion? Nah. Dais how it is.
  • I hope they could make the best of a bad situation

• After all them days and hours of practice you telling us that Philly Pan Stars went back to Philly. Why couldn't the WIADP organizers find some way to accommodate them for a few hours. This is not going to go down good in the pan community.Everyone knew the weather was going to be bad in advance. Why does steelbands always have to take the backseat .
    • I was in Panstars last night.The judges made us stand ready on stage in the pouring rain for nearly two hours while they squabbled with the captains. When they finally decided, they packed up and left. No one told us what they decided. They just left. To add insult, the tech.crew turned the stage lights off leaving us in the dark. I got my pans and left. Drove two hours to get home. I found out this morning that they rescheduled. Bad form. At tge very least, the organization owes the Philly Pan Stars an apology.
  • Sun is out, so should be a good happening. Philly pan stars went home so number is down to approx. seven(7). Weather looks good.
    • When you say Philly pan stars went home, did Philly Pan Stars perform, or did they leave and not play at all?

• I don't think they are performing
        • According to their recent FB post, no they're not playing in the rama - but they did not go home. They will be going down the road for J'ouvert.

This reply was deleted.