New York, USA - Over the February 11-12, 2012 weekend, New York University hosted the 4th annual PAS (Percussive Arts Society)-KoSA (KoSA International Percussion Workshops)-NYU Weekend of Percussion at the University’s Frederick Loewe Theater. The event presented to the public free of charge “15 hours of percussion clinics, concerts, and competitions from the hottest percussionists, drummers, and industry heads in the country….”

As part of this two-day percussion-filled weekend, one of the home-based New York City powerhouse orchestras, Sonatas, performed with college orchestra NYU Steel on the same card of percussive events.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wish I knew this was happening last weekend because I would have attended. How can I find out before events like these happen?

• Well, this event was advertised, but it probably was not advertised engough. I think you should depend on When Steel Talks or keep an ear close to NYU.

• It was a pleasure to be part of the New York University Steelband at this suceesful event. I am finally studying at NYU and in the steelband alone with other very young talented musicians from different parts of the world. Big up to the steelpan and my home town Trinidad and Tobago.

This reply was deleted.