Replies

• I think Hula Hoops should make a come back!!

This was a nice film !!   I love the old traditional fun costumes!!

plenty more original than the skimpy ones they wear today.

all good either way!!! Very Fun ..thanx

• This is when steelband WAS carnival, everyone just came out and have a good time. What we have now is a " CASH COW" for a lot of people. 

• Mr Joseph much thanks for the information

as  a youngster growing up  watching military mas, that is one of the things that stands out for me when it comes to potraying carnival 

that along with calypso,  pan  and jouvert 

its wonderful to see real carnival  costumes and potrayals as it use to be

listening to stories from  my father, carnival then was pure sweetness then, as it is today also

of course there was segregation in that era but it didnt stop the celebrations, even today in these times you see some form of division in the mas bands

but  at the end of the day its still the greatest carnival on earth 

• And the show continues................

• After looking at this sad to say we've lost it  that is carnival thanks for this video

• This documentary CLEARLY SHOWS NO SEGREGATION IN THE FESTIVITIES OF 1959 in T&T,,,,,all races are enjoying their National Heritage.

• This statement is simply not true Jerome.  Trinidad has been and continues to be one of the most segregated places in the western hemisphere.

• I had overlooked certain thngs,had totally forgotten what i have seen on CTNT from day one of the curfew in T&T year 2011 it,s not fitting, to go further into the details or positive observations for this is a website representing the Steelpan/Steelpand Players,,,Tuners,,,,Positive Supporters,,,.with respect for everyone,,,,the truth.

• Interesting comment, Pan Woman.

You may not want to be too controversial, and this may not be the forum , but I sure wish you could elaborate on it.

• The communities of Trinidad are extremely segregated. But beyond that, every aspect of Trinidad life is segregated by race and class. Education, entertainment, business, church and work - all segregated. And yes carnival. What a lie. There is a dishonesty particularly among  Afro Trinidadians because of their craving for validation and acceptance about just how separated Trinidad society is. The fact that someone could watch this video even with all the editing and come away with seeing a non segregated society is my point. This drunkenness to Trinidad's realitites plays itself out in psychologically disturbing, destructive and dysfunctional manners.

This reply was deleted.