When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

On a Lighter Note: Whats Your Choice for Top Panorama Pieces Ever?

After Listening to Panorama Pieces From 1963 to Present. My Top Panorama Pieces Are. [1] Rebecca by Despers  [2] Woman on the Bass by All Stars and [3] In My House by Despers. Lets us Hear whats Your Choice!

Views: 1475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A Panorama piece might be Sweeter but not better arranged, Vise versa, and it might also Win that night but was not the Best, just like "Melody Mas" came first that night but there is no way that tune was better Arranged than "Hold on to your man" (Panam North Stars) (let me hear allyuh San Fernando Critics, lol) 

In 1964 North Stars win with "Mama dis is mas" and Despers came 2nd with the same tune but Despers "Mama dis is mas" was Sweeter, (just remember, its just my Opinion, allyuh don't start to kill me, lol)

Pan in Harmony, my best tune of all time, followed by In my House from Despers then Music in Meh Blood from Phase II…Woman on the Bass by All Stars, Pan by Storm from Fonclaire and Bradley's Darling by Pantonic (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)…gets special mention...

Nineteen sixty five

Ah was glad to be alive

When Guinness come in town

And knock dem north men down ...

When they reach the savannah

And dey start to jam pardnah

PAN MEN hold dey head and bawl

1. Rebecca by Despers 2. The wrecker by Solo 3 Tokyo Ms Harriman.

Despers  ...Rebecca ( I could easily have said any Despers' Panorama tune), Curry Tabanca....All Stars.......Trini Gone

Mad....Phase II.

I love it when this subject comes up to see how many reference the well known performances.

However although I've had this recording in my collection for ages, I am guilty of not putting it amongst the best of all time.

Musically it is unbeatable, Arrangement first class. 3 cheers for Earl Brooks I don't know how it was performed on the night but Hatters Steel Orch. Raindrops on My Pan should be given much more acclaim than it gets. For me it is the best of all.

I play it on the way to work at least 3 or 4 times a month and I only work 2 days a week. Ha! Ha!.

1) Raindrops - Hatters

2) Picture on My Wall - Desperadoes

3) Du Du Yemi - Starlift

That's my choice

Randi Curvan

What I have Seen on the Forum is even though Jit Samaroo Pieces has Won the Most Panoramas No one Has Mentioned any of His Pieces. Were the Judges Wrong in their Decisions to Award Him His Eight Victories?

Silverstars - Edwin's Lagacy.?(2015) Pan in A Minor - Renegades (1987?). Love both of these, though I have a soft spot for Differentology (Mangrove 2013) and Ebony - Ah Feelin'.
For me:1) In my house-Desperadoes 2) Picture on my wall-Despers 3) Queen of the bands-Starlift 4) Woman is boss- Phase2.

1. Pan In Harmony by Desperdoes for me the best ever since 1963.

2. Queen of the Bands by Starlift.

To me the Best Piece that never Won Panorama was ''Party Tonight By Despers''. There Are Many Many Others that I Can Mention but will Leave them for others to do.so. It was very Hard for Me to Pick Three of the Best Tunes ever and say that they were  Arranged by Clive Bradley and Played By Desperadoes.

I DON'T NORMALLY LIKE TO PANORAMA TUNES BEING DESCRIBED AS 'SWEET' LEAVE THAT FOR WEDDINGS, FUNERALS FESTIVALS ETC.SO HERE GOES. EVERY ONE IS TALKING ABOUT POPULAR PIECES I JUST WANT TO GIVE ONE NOT SO POPULAR

PANORAMA TUNE '50 YEARS OF STEEL' BY SIPARIA DELTONES AND ARRANGED BY BOOGSIE SHARP THAT PIECE SENDS SHIVERS UP MY SPINE WHEN EVER I HEAR IT

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service