• 5  -  Salah Steelpan Academy (439)
  • 6  -  Silhouettes (438)
  • 7  -  HYSO (437)
  • 8  -  New Dimension (435)
  • 9  -  CCAH (391)
  • 10 - SJYC (376)
  • 11 - JK Vibrations (367)
  • 12 - Metrotones (354)

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is a sad commentary from that Mature steel pan player,

I guess it is a matter of protecting one's turf,no encouragement

for young steel pan players who can read music,the future generation.

Pan Fantasy deserving winners on a rainy cool night.

Jai.

• A good player is a good player,  experience has nothing to do with it.

Congrats to Pan Fantasy..

• My sincerest congratulations to Pan Fantasy on their well deserved victory at Pan Alive. I know Al Foster quite well and he, in my opinion, is the best steelband arranger in Ontario. Keep up the great work Bro. Al. Jai, you have commented very well and I salute you in this respect. These young pannists are the ones who will keep our pan culture flying for the next many, many years and we should do everything we could to encourage them instead of making very stupid remarks about them being too young to compete with the big bands. Amen!

• Congrats
  • Congrats Spy and Pan Fantasy.

Looking forward to hearing the performance.

Jerry in Florida.

• You can see it on youtube. Look up "Pan Fantasy Fantastic Friday". It is... Fantastic. congrats to the band and to Allos, a truly good guy and talented musician...

• We listened to HYSO and that band should have placed in the first three. I was told by a very senior pan man that"No band consisting of a lot of kids could ever be placed in front of a more experienced top steel orchestras. This was so insulting coming from a pannist whom I highly respected. I have lost all respect for this fellow. HYSO is a Band where all the members read music and their parents are from Trinidad roots and are actively involved in the Band. It is a sad day for Pan Alive when stupid statements like that could be aired.

• Congratulations Wendy and the rest of the members , blessings Winston.
This reply was deleted.