2019 Department of Public Information, Guyana

PAUL MCADAM

DPI, Guyana, Monday, November 4, 2019

Guyana can see its economy grow by a further 86% next year after expanding by 4.4% this year, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF). That is 14 times the projected pace of China and driven by ExxonMobil’s discovery of oil.

“We’re moving from a very low base to a stratospheric leap,” Minister of Finance Winston Jordan said in an invited comment.

While Guyana’s annual gross domestic product is $4Billion, it will expand to about $15Billion by 2024, according to the IMF.

According to the Finance Minister, the government plans to use some of the money derived from its royalties to build highways to connect coastal towns to the sparsely populated interior, which has gold, diamond and bauxite deposits.

READ MORE

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is EXACTLY WHY Pan Trinbago needs an ERO who could communicate effectively and integrate some developmental PAN PROGRAMS in GUYANA. When the GUYANA NATIONAL STEELBAND was in TRINIDAD for CARIFESTA, I begged a HIGH MAN in the ORGANIZATION to select two of the players who seem to have some leadership skills and establish  relationships with them and then put them on a MISSION when they get back home to SELL the WORLD STEELBAND DAY to the GUYANESE MINISTRY OF CULTURE as an entry point into a line for future communication.

GUYANA is serious about PAN and in a few years their government will be pouring BIG DOLLARS into their PAN PROGRAMS. If PAN TRINBAGO cannot see that and position itself to share in the COMING WINDFALL (with such a close neighbor) then it should stay aware from the label WORLD GOVERNING BODY OF PAN!!!

In about three years time, GUYANA will be in a position to float a loan to PAN TRINBAGO to build its headquarters -- and even forgive the debt in 5 to 7 years!!!

But we need a GOOD ERO!!!

• Claude 

I hate to kick ah man when he is down.  BUT...  I think you should try to sell the San Francisco Warriors to Guyana.  And make sure you get paid in Guyana currency.  That's going to be a wicked investment. You are probably too late already.

Pan folks should really move on all things Pan in Guyana.

bugs

This reply was deleted.