When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Pan Trinbago Secretary Denise Hernandez, left, looks on as trustee Keith Simpson shows documents to President Beverly Ramsey-Moore during the steelband body’s internal elections at the Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain, yesterday.

ABRAHAM DIAZ

Trinidad Guardian

Joel Julien

Pan Trin­ba­go of­fi­cials were un­able to present au­dit­ed fi­nan­cial state­ments at the steel­band body’s An­nu­al Gen­er­al meet­ing yes­ter­day be­cause of an out­stand­ing debt of $640,000 owed to its au­di­tors. The AGM was held at the Queen’s Park Sa­van­nah.

This was the sec­ond con­sec­u­tive year au­dit­ed fi­nan­cial state­ments were not pre­sent­ed at the or­gan­i­sa­tion’s AGM.

The debt to PKF Char­tered Ac­coun­tants & Busi­ness Ad­vi­sors forms part of a $60 mil­lion debt the Bev­er­ley Ram­sey-Moore led Pan Trin­ba­go ex­ec­u­tive were faced with when they took of­fice. This bill has since been re­duced by $18 mil­lion.

Trea­sur­er Ger­ard Mendez re­port­ed that mon­ey was owed to steel­bands, lawyers, staff and ser­vice providers, in­clud­ing au­di­tors.

READ MORE

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forward Ever, Backward Never!!!

Forward Ever??

Yeah, we know how difficult it is for some to envision forward, when they only see backward, pity... 

... especially when you are LOOKING BACKWARD at SIXTY MILLION in DEBT that you promised to ERASE ... how yuh go look FORWARD

All yuh just a bunch of nay-sayers, diaz allm yuh know.  The debt is going down, but all yuh cyar see anything positive bout dat, considering the heavy debt hell they inherited from the corrupt regime that was way over what that regime had disclosed.  You'd raher the same bunch of corrupt idiots that were there before, remain in charge, or maybe yuh friends and dem be in charge to get your chance at the Pig Trough.  Srure glad is not you geniarses running things, lol... 

The debt to PKF Char­tered Ac­coun­tants & Busi­ness Ad­vi­sors forms part of a $60 mil­lion debt the Bev­er­ley Ram­sey-Moore led Pan Trin­ba­go ex­ec­u­tive were faced with when they took of­fice. This bill has since been re­duced by $18 mil­lion. >>

is that info from the AUDITED reports that never showed up at the AGM on Sunday?

"This bill has since been re­duced by $18 mil­lion."

That is a MEANINGLESS SENTENCE. She had a chance to show the BREAKDOWN and convince the NON-SHEEP ... and she make all KINDA EXCUSES.

I am taking your advice and LOOKING FORWARD to MAKING THE PRESIDENT demand the RESIGNATION of the VEE PEE.

STAY TUNED!!!

My Captains of the Obvious, your proclivity to prolixity is, to say the least, revealing.  In a land prone to neocolonial vestiges of bobbol and commesse engrained into far too many levels of society, some must find it entertaining. ;-)
ad hominem?
You have the LAST WORD!!!

For a man to try to attempt to justify Beverley Ramsey-Moore's refusal to present a financial statement to her membership for her tenure in office, when she was catapulted to office on the former regime's refusal to be accountable, that man must be either dotish, a cunumunu, a criminal, a dictator, a murdered, a terrorist, a kidnapper or a kakahole. I will refuse to refer to him as vaginal for obvious reasons that the heterosexual male will readily identify with, like pleasure, production, peace of mind (in it's absence some men does get dread destabilizing tabanca) etc.

I am curious to know with what authority, or documentation this man is  attempting to convince this forum that $18M TTD of $60M TTD debt has been cleared, in the absence of an authoritative audit.

My disappointed has never diminished for the removal of latin from the curriculum as soon as I entered secondary school.

ad hominem?
You have the LAST WORD!!!

PT has an executive with no experience in running a million dollar company with millions of dollars in debt,

What do you expect...donkeys in a horse race!

How could they be owing auditors, when they promise to pay panmen.....soon...enough. H E L P!!

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service