We are always terrorizing PAN TRINBAGO on this forum!!! But we have to give them FULL CREDIT for making all the 2017 PANORAMA MUSIC so easily (and immediately) accessible this season. This particular achievement does make them the GLOBAL LEADER of PAN.

So, ENJOY!!!

2017 PANORAMA PERFORMANCES!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was thinking ,if you could get some DJs to play pan music.from the finalist of 2017.

• I would agree, but, There aren't many competent recording companies around who can perfectly capture a 120 player band on record, CD or mp3. Sanch or Basement Recordings may be the only ones.

Why bands are not making recordings these days is a mystery to me. They moan that money is hard to come by but few are willing to take the initiative to supplement their income. We've said it time and time again on this site that expats would pay for steelband CDs. But I don't know if its laziness, lack of ambition or just downright ignorance that means we are deprived of something we all took for granted back in the day.

Perhaps the DJs themselves may be able to shed some light on the subject.

• Excellent point. I totally agree.

• We've said it time and time again on this site that expats would pay for steelband CDs.

Especially with the line above, Michael!!!

• Yes expats would pay. I have some treasured steelband CDs and I'm usually disappointed when looking for new CDs to add to my collection becomes more and more challenging.

There's enough technology available to make decent recordings, so is it just not a priority?

• Michael: They just DON'T KNOW that they have a market out there (in EXPAT LAND) and how big and sustaining and possibly explosive it could me. And they don't understand how they could work HAND IN HAND with EXPATS to establish and grow that market.

It is easy for you to say that there is enough technology available to make decent (I would say excellent recordings) recordings but the MINDSET is not there in LAX.

One day some EXPATS will get sick of waiting and start taking charge from the outside. Then they will try to FOLLOW.

It's VERY SAD!!!

• Not the first time though...just much better this time around...

• Agree, credit is due to the Techies at UTT a job well done. When yuh confronted with cost-cutting yuh make do with what yuh have. Talent and skills in front yuh under-utilized.

• That the library is up and running is a good thing for steel-pan both locally and internationally. Unfortunately, I cannot applaud Pan Trinbago for this because it seems like this library is two decades too late and became a reality only because their backs are against the wall. I can't forget the numerous hours spent online searching for Pan Trinbago vids or the many unanswered emails sent to them requesting same. If this is what it takes to get SOMETHING from them then I say we should leave their backs scraping the wall. Hopefully we'll get more done.

• Annehara: You made me laugh the way you want to "leave their backs scraping the wall." 

But I have repeatedly attacked them on this forum for being "technically backward" so I applaud (respect?) the advances they have made this year with the PANORAMA.

I do understand the politics!!! And I do understand your past frustrations!

Now that you are hearing the PAN MUSIC, which bands do you like?

This reply was deleted.