Peace and Pan on the Greens

Trinidad & Tobago Newsday

GOOD TIME AT THE GREENS: Pan lovers came out in their numbers on the Greens yesterday to listen to the Panorama medium and large conventional bands semi-finals, where unlike last year's violence between police and patrons, there was nothing but peace, order and good times
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Unlike the violence between North Stand patrons and the police at last year’s National Panorama semi-finals at the Greens in the Queen's Park Savannah, in Port-of-Spain, yesterday’s Panorama semis saw only good pan music and a good time by those gathered.

A heavy police presence augmented by soldiers meant that there were no untoward incidents as scores of pan lovers filled the North Stand and Greens, while only half of the Grand Stand was filled with patrons up to 4 pm yesterday.

Patrons at the North Stand were not able to enter the Greens this year and as such there was no repeat of the ugly scenes of last year when police officers confronted and in some cases, beat patrons, who tried to cross over via an open gate.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very nice article, first, I congratulate all finalists.  Great work Phase 11!

I'm however, really concerned about the low-keyed manner in which the biggest pan event in the world is being treated for this its 50th anniversary. Does anyone else realize the significance of a Golden Jubilee?

This reply was deleted.