When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Salah's Steelpan Academy Wins Toronto's 2009 Panorama!

Toronto, Canada - Congratulations are in order for Salah's Steelpan Academy which won its third consecutive title at the annual Pan Alive Competition held last night at the Lamport Stadium. The Montreal-based steelpan music organization edged out New Dimension Steel Band by just three points. The record-setting third consecutive Pan Alive title was the second 'top honor' in 2009 for Salah's Steelpan Academy which also captured the Montreal 2009 Panorama title in July.

click for more details

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Curtis, we look forward to next year
Salah
Congrats to salah on this milestone in Canada. I know it is often said even in sound that bands from the West is the best, but it is nice to see that the East came all the way to Canada and prove them wrong. A proud achievement for a product of St John road.

William Joseph
Thanks William, you are really going back to roots...if you know me that much .... I have to know you also...so thanks again
We have actually won three consecutive double cities Panorama 2007, 2208, 2009 in Montreal & Toronto
Salah
Salah's Steelpan Academy Steelband has won Montreal's International Panorama from 2008,2009 and Toronto's Pan Alive 2007, 2008 and 2009. This is the new Canadian Steelband Panorama record.
Congratulations to and Salah and Family and to the arrangers including Andre Rouse of New D, Al Foster of Panfantasy, Earl La Pierre of Afropan, Mark Mosca of Silhouettes.
Thanks Hameed, Salah's Steelpan Academy have actually won three consecutive double cities Panorama 2007, 2208, 2009 in Montreal & Toronto
and congrats to all the other arrangers and bands especially Andre for his first run at the helm of New D.
Looking out for bigger things in 2010 from my brothers Earl. Mark and Al from Afro Pan, Silhouettes and Pan Fantasy
Salah's Steelpan Academy have actually won three consecutive double cities Panorama 2007, 2208, 2009 in Montreal &
Salah
Congratulations to Salah's Steelpan Academy for their third consecutive Pan Alive victory. A note of mention to New Dimension Steel Band's young arranger, Roger Rouse, for placing second on his first attempt.
Thanks Vic,
the 'Young Arranger for New Dimension' is Andre Rousse ...he did well
Salah
Congrats!! Sorry I wasn't there to take it all in. Keep the flag flying.
Thanks Edgar,
We all intend to keep that Flag flying high
Salah
Well done and keep up the good work.
Thanks Kefilwe
Salah
Congrats to you and your steel orchestra. A wonderful job.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service