Arrangers Yohan Popwell and Terrance “BJ” Marcelle prove their musical mettle in the final phase Trinidad and Tobago - Unlike the old days when panorama competitions ran much later into the wee hours of the morning, results for the finals of the medium and small steel orchestra categories were signed off on and delivered by 1:00 AM. Yohan Popwell, arranging Bandoleros for Sforzata Steel Orchestra in the medium category, renewed his winning ways with the band, leading them in 2009 to their third championship title in five years with 473 points. Not to be outdone in skill, passion or exuberance, the small steel orchestras also shone for the evening, with arranger Terrence “BJ” Marcelle ably steering Arima Golden Symphony to 439 points and the winning spot, with his arrangement and the orchestra’s execution of A Blue Crescendo - a decision that was well-received by the crowd. click for more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations to Popwell and Marcelle!!!
  • I would like the powers that be to show a repeat of the 2009 pan-a-rama for those of us like myself who missed the
    original airing on CTmt. Pantrinibago, Do Something. Please
  • It seams to that most people blames Patrick Arnold for every thing they feel that is wrong with PANORAMA. Carrect me if 'am wrong; before
    a major change takes place with the Bands a meeting is called for all concerns, then if this change is accepted that's the rule for all to follow.
    How could a Band have it's members take the stage by over 20 or so players more than all of the other Bands and don't see a problem
    with that? come on be for real. All Bands wants to be in first place but in the end what ever the Judges says is final. I think the PM Mr.
    Patrick Manning should put aside more money for this event called *PANORAMA* then each Band could have about 300 players on stage
    and let them take 45 mins to set-up while the Judges take a full 45 mins nap because we know some of them falls asleep while the Bands
    are playing anyway, in that way the spectators can go home and come back or eat more boiled corn, drink more beer or even much better
    get that good local smoke called; oh' I forgot the name./ Then when every thing is over in two days people would be asking , did my Band
    win? oh' no they got cheated again...no hat-tricks ? well things would be better in 2010
  • Congratulations to all the winners! It is unfair that the performances were not televised. All that great music...
    • I go to all the Catergories of Panorama, the quality of music on all are superb. It is a pity that San Fernando, Tobago, or the Small and Medium band Panoramas get no TV coverage at all you cannot even buy cd for the small or single pan bands, Pantrinbago do not do that. The thinking of people in T&T is that the big bands deserve all the attention, even though you hear the same arrangement from a certain band every year. Congrats to all the winners.
  • Congrats to La Horquetta Pan Groove its a pity Pan Trinbago didn,t see it fit 2 show this event on TV .It was hardly advertised. These youths could be rewarded with a tour, even 2 one of the smaller islands carnival, they desrve it. Most of those youths have been in that band from about 7 years up to this present time.
  • Congratulations to BJ, maybe Arima All Stars will beg him to return now!
  • Congrats to BJ and Arima Golden Symphony for sweeping the way through the Small Band Category........1st in prelims, semis and final. They go learn bout u BJ
  • Congrats to Sforzata and Arima Golden Symphony on winning at Panorama 2009. what a pity the caribbean islands could not have seen this performance live on T.V., its sad to see that we still do not appreciate our own Caribbean Culture, but the struggle will continue Pan will one day be showcase to the World live, Congrast once again and looking forward to Saturday Night!!
  • Congrats to Mr. Seion and the Buccaneous for a job well done for 2009 panorama final, God Bless to you.

SSGT Cadet RK

USFMR
This reply was deleted.