Fifteen (15) Small Conventional Bands will proceed to the National Semi Finals on Friday 06th and Sunday 8th February 2009.
South/Central earned five places with San City Steel Symphony amassing the most points (252) for their rendition of Winston Scarborough’s “A Blue Crescendo”. These bands are part of the line up in the South National Semi Finals carded for Friday 06th February at Skinner Park, San Fernando.
Four (4) bands from the North along with six (6) bands from the East qualified for their semi final round on Sunday 08th February at the Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain.
The list of semi finalists in the Small Band category are:-
1. San City Steel Symphony (S) A Blue Crecsendo - 252
2. Pan Elders (S) A Blue Crescendo - 246
3. Tornadoes (S) A Blue Crescendo - 244
4 Fascinators Pan Symphony (E) Signal To Lara - 243
5. Old Tech (S) First In De Line - 242
6. Laventille Serenaders (N) Wild & Wonderful - 236
7. Panasonic Connection (S) A Blue Crescendo - 235
8. Arima Golden Symphony (E) A Blue Crescendo - 234
8 Tunapuna All Stars (E) The Melosian Rhapsody - 234
8. Flamingoes (E) The Toco Band - 234
11 Five Rivers Modern Symphony (E) Rhythm of A People - 230
12 Simple Song (E) Superman - 229
12 Panatics (N) People Are People - 229
14 Casablanca (N) Dangerous - 227
14 Merrytones (N) D Trini Way - 227
click for full Panorama coverage