Gros Islet, St. Lucia, W.I. - drop such an overwhelming and commanding performance that the only thing in doubt is who is coming in second and/or third. Halfway through their performance, PanTime Steel Orchestra made it very clear there would not be any contest for first place on this warm July night in St. Lucia.

Whether you heard the performance live in the stadium, on the radio or via the internet the opinion would be the same. PanTime's rendition of Dream Big as arranged by Amrit Samaroo was awesome. There was never a lull in the performance. It kept building from the opening count to the end, with a small reprieve within the arrangement that drew on a small adaptation of the ‘Impossible Dream,’ to drive the storytelling aspect home. With the final note the crowd roared and erupted into spontaneous applause. There was no doubt about the outcome.

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's a recording from the night before Panorama:

https://soundcloud.com/pankaiso/pantime-dream-big-2014

• Windiest panorama I have experienced...

• Congrats to Pantimes and Amrit Samaroo

bugs

• Congrats to the Winners and to ALL participants.It takes tremendous dedication and commitment to prepare for Panorama and therefore the players of each Band must be also commended.
    Huge Congratulations also to the Organisers.
This reply was deleted.