Kingstown, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, W.I. - More than a hat-trick, to make their own mark on history, steel orchestras from St. Vincent & the Grenadines will now have to surpass the ‘beaver trick’—four championships in a row—racked up by the 2012 Panorama champs, Sion Hill Euphonium Steel Orchestra, ‘prophetically’ attired in gold shirts and headbands offset by white pants. Titles for the years 2009-2012 are firmly under the band’s belt as they triumphed for yet another time in results which were announced at 1:00 a.m. on Friday July 6th. Seven steel orchestras took the stage in a steelpan segment that lasted just over two and a half hours at Carnival City’s Victoria Park in the capital of St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Kingstown. An annual gala affair entitled Steel and Glitter, the country’s annual steelband panorama competition came together with mas presentations for a music-filled and colorful affair.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes we did it again, hard work paid off big up me sheso posse and crew, mr seion thanks for the wonder music u have given us and u kno we ready again next year

• Congrats to Sion Hill Euphonium Steel Orchestra, supporters, sponsors and arranger Seion Gomez on capturing the St. Vincent & the Grenadines 2012 National Panorama.

• .....Congratulations to the S.H.E. Steel Orch. and their arr. Mr. Seion Gomez, best wishes and continued success in their future endeavours.....

• When Steel Talks extends congratulations to Sion Hill Euphonium Steel Orchestra and arranger Seion Gomez on capturing the St. Vincent & the Grenadines 2012 National Panorama.

This reply was deleted.