Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music
- Pillar #1: A place to call home.
- Pillar #2: Sustainable Growth, Development and Transparency in the Management ....
- Pillar #3: Creating an Economically viable steelpan industry.
- Pillar #4: A modernized approach to steelband leadership.
- Pillar #5: A greater role for women in the steelband fraternity.
- Pillar #6: Youth Development and Participation.
- Pillar #7: The establishment of at least three purpose-driven subsets within t....
- Pillar #8: Global Linkages
- Pillar #9: Insurance coverage for the players
- Pillar #10: Pan Pioneer's Development Fund
- Pillar #11: Panyard Regularization and Tenancy
- Pillar #12: Single Pan Panorama to be enhanced
- Pillar #13: Institutional Strengthening of Pan Trinbago
Who is Keron Valentine
A Panman, Steelband Leader, an Academic, an Avid pan lover and is known as a prominent member of the Steelband Fraternity.
Born is 1984, and bred in the City of Port of Spain, Valentine is a proud son of the St. James community where he was nurtured under the auspices of steelband’s iconic Len ‘Boogsie’ Sharpe. He received his early education at St. Agnes Anglican Primary School before moving on to Fatima College where he completed his secondary education as a business major.
Valentine holds a Bsc. Degree in International Business and Marketing from the University of Akron, Ohio, USA and a Management Certificate in Diplomatic Negotiations from China Foreign Affairs University, Beijing, China where he also studied for some time. He is also the holder of a Certificate in Music Literacy, Creative Arts Centre, University of the West Indies, St. Augustine being a graduate of the Republic Bank Pan Minors Scholarship Programme.
Keron is a former employee of Angostura Holdings Limited corporate communications department. He served as Deputy Mayor of our nation’s capital city for 6 years and Chairman of Downtown Carnival Committee. Keron has served as the Local Government Councillor for the Electoral District of Northern Port of Spain between 2010 and 2016 undefeated.
Valentine held the prestigious position as Mayor of the City of Port of Spain for just about one year back in 2016. He is affectionately known up until now as the “people’s panman Mayor”.
Keron Valentine is Ready to Serve as he thinks The Time is Now for him to give back to this great movement that was founded on the ideologies of the grassroots in our society. Pan Trinbago Inc. is ultimately responsible for his 3 development within the steelband movement and also on the National level.
“I am all geared up, excited, energised and optimistic of the road ahead for our great grassroot movement as I ask All stakeholders of Pan to join me as I seek to serve as your next President”.
KERON VALENTINE INVOLVEMENT IN THE STEELBAND FRATERNITY:
Recipient of Pan Trinbago Inc.- Business Scholarship Award in 2004.
Phase 2 Pan Groove
Kool and the Gang
Trinidad Pan Connoisseurs
Woodbrook Playboyz- Former Manager, Captain, Vice Captain,
Musical Director, Arranger.
Woodtrin Junior Steelband
The University of Akron Steel Drum Band
Halcyon Steel Orchestra (Antigua)- Champion Panorama Co-Arranger.
Israel Lovell Foundation Steelband (Barbados)
National Youth Steel Orchestra (now defunct)- Former Chairman.
Member, Pan in D Rosa Steelband Festival
Mayor’s Pan Jazz Experience.
Pan Down Frederick Street.
City of Pan Parade.
Annual Independence Steelband Street Festival.
Pan Avenue 2012- Steelband J'Ouvert Bomb Competition.
Bestowed the “Key to the City”, the city’ highest and most prestigious award to Pan Trinbago Inc. on behalf of the entire Steelband movement in recognition of its sterling and invaluable contribution to Trinidad and Tobago and the world at large for the greatest musical invention of the 21st Century, the Steelpan.
Peter Kanhai - "VICE PRESIDENT"
Solo Harmonites Steel Orchestra
• Date of Birth: December 15th 1959
• Place of Birth: Port of Spain, Trinidad
• Marital Status: Married with two (2) children
LIFE MISSION: Commitment and Loyalty to family life & friends, to utilize my knowledge, skills, experience and abilities for the benefit and development of my Country, Community, Organizations & Institutions to which I belong and have the privilege to serve, to exercise Integrity and Fair play in the discharge of my duties, responsibilities and authority, to always be an agent for positive change.
• Executive Director – Technical & Marketing: Comprehensive Insurance Brokers Ltd. - 1994 to Present
• Senior Account Executive: Comprehensive Insurance Brokers Ltd. - 1985 – 1994
• Senior Account Executive / Client Services: Apex Insurance Brokers Ltd. – 1979 – 1985
• Director: St. Clair Financial Services – 1997
• Director: Pan Trinbago Investment Corporation (PANVESCO) - 2006 – 2009
• Deputy Chairman: Trinidad & Tobago Pan Works Ltd. – 2007 – 2009
• Vice President: Pan Trinbago’s Multi Purpose Co Operative – 2008 - 2009
• President: Greater Tunapuna Chamber of Industry & Commerce – 2007 – 2012
• Chairman: Sport & Culture Fund Board of Management – Office of the Prime Minister – January 2011 – September 2015
• Member: Cabinet Appointed Expert Panel Committee on the Creative Industries – June 2011 – Present ( Ministry of Planning & the Economy)
• Member: Cabinet Appointed St Augustine Education City Committee – 2011 - Present
• Council Member: Ministry of Social Development – Regional Social & Human Development Council (RSHDC) Tunapuna / Piarco Municipal Region – 2007 – 2011
• Assistant Secretary: Central Executive Pan Trinbago Inc. T.C. – 2006 – 2009
• Vice Chairman: Eastern Region Pan Trinbago Inc. T.C. – 1997 – 2006
• Vice President: Greater Tunapuna Chamber of Industry & Commerce – 2006 – 2007
• Admin. Manager / Director: Solo Harmonites Steel Orchestra – 2009 – 2014
• Chairman/Manager: Harmonites Steel Orchestra – 1997 – 2001 & 2003 – 2009
• Charter Member: Lions Club of Valsayn – 1990
• Council Member: Trinidad & Tobago Insurance Institute – 1982 – 1984
Professional: Trinidad & Tobago Academy of Insurance & Lloyds of London Certificate of Insurance Broking – 1982
Secondary: National Development College POS
London GCE O Level – Mathematics, English Language, W.I. History, Principles of Accounts & Basic Economics.
Primary: Nelson Street Boys R.C.
Music, Reading, Cricket, Social Activities
Robert Hernandez - "GENERAL SECRETARY"
Highlanders Steel Orchestra
Robert Hernandez is Secretary of the Highlanders Steel Orchestra organization, and also serves as Manager of the band. He is an experienced Organizational Development Professional and a Community Leader, currently serving as Chairman of the Local School Board of Success Laventille Secondary School, and Vice President of the Success Central Community Council in Laventille.
He has worked at the executive level in the United States, and most recently with the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, where he served as General Manager Operations, and Managing Director (ag.) at the Trinidad and Tobago Postal Corporation. While at TTPost, he led a cross functional team of Government and Private Sector representatives in designing and implementing an internationally recognized Postal Code and Addressing Standard for Trinidad and Tobago.
As Secretary of Highlanders, he successfully negotiated and secured a ninety-nine (99) year lease from NP for the band, which now has a home at the corner of the Eastern Main Road and William Street in Success Village, Laventille. He also successfully negotiated and secured Board approval from the East Port of Spain Development Company to construct a Pan Theatre at the site, which will include classrooms to train youths in playing the pan, and also serve as a Community-based Homework Centre. In honour of the late steel pan pioneer and innovator Bertie Marshall, ORTT, the former tuner, arranger and captain of Highlanders, Hernandez led a community effort in 2013, and was successful in securing the government’s approval to rename the Old St. Joseph road in Success Village Laventille to the Bertie Marshall Boulevard.
While serving as Chairman of the Success Laventille Secondary School Board in 2015, he was a member of the leader- ship team that facilitated an Educational and Cultural Exchange Programme with Cuba, taking the School’s Steel Orchestra comprising of twenty-three (23) student players, together with an additional contingent of twenty-one (21) persons on a ten (10) day trip to Cuba.
Mr. Hernandez was educated at the Bernard Baruch College, City University of New York, where he obtained a BBA degree in Business Management and a MBA degree in General Management at Dowling College, Long Island New York. He is also the recipient of a Diploma in Executive Leadership from Duke University, Virginia.
Coming from Success Village, Laventille, Mr. Hernandez has been around pan for most of his life, and is a dedicated pan lover who is committed to using his experience and background to bring improvements to the pan industry, both locally and internationally. He has a wealth of experience serving in many organizations at the senior management and executive level, and is ready to be an effective team member of a revitalized and forward looking, innovative executive at Pan Trinbago.
Marvin Edward - "ASST. SECRETARY"
Sangre Grande Cordettes Steel Orchestra
Marvin Edward brings to the organization over 28 years of corporate expertise at various levels of leadership, both in the public and private sectors. He has been employed at the Massy Wood for the past 11 years, and currently holds the position of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Lead, and acted as the Corporate HSSE Manager on many occasions in the Oil and Gas industry.
Edward has served as an Executive member of Sangre Grande Cordettes Steel Orchestra for the past six years on the management committee, and as a trustee from 2001 to 2003. He is the band’s Manager, Public Relation Officer and Drill Master since April 2017.
During his tenure, he has helped establish the Cordettes Academy For The Arts that has exposed over 350 persons of varying ages (7 to 70) to the steelpan as a compulsory instrument, and various other musical instruments, with an added focus on music theory. In his first year as Manager/PRO/Drill master, he worked with the Executive Committee to successfully obtain the services of the late Ken “Professor” Philmore, and for the first time in six years, helped Cordettes to qualify for the finals in the medium category of the 2018 Panorama Competition. He also manages the band’s Stage Side and the Cordettes Junior Band.
Edward started his musical experience in 1985 at North Eastern College where he performed at various concerts as part of the NEC Musical Ensemble featuring a mixture of various wood wind, stringed and percussionist instruments include the steelpan. He was a founding member of the first North Eastern College Steel Orchestra in 1989. He also played with other bands including BP Renegades, Tropical Angel Harps, Katzenjammers, Pamberi, Nostalgic, Rhythm Rockers and Lincoln Enterprises.
Then-Mayor Keron Valentine (l) with Pan Trinbago president Keith Diaz
Dr. Finbar Fletcher - "TREASURER"
Desperadoes Steel Orchestra
Dr. Fletcher has had over 30 years of involvement with the steelband movement in Trinidad and Tobago at all levels. He has served the movement in several capacities including being a former two-time treasurer of Pan Trinbago. He is also a long-standing member of the Desperadoes Steel Orchestra serving as both player and as the Manager for several years. He continues to be part of the Desperadoes Organization.
Dr. Fletcher has also functioned in various capacities in both the Public and Private sectors. He has worked in Corporate Finance, and in the Public service as an Economist and later as a Systems Analyst and a Director of Management Information Systems. He has also chaired high- level cabinet appointed committees and served as Director on State Boards.
He has also had several consulting assignments in the U.S. and the Caribbean and has served as an Adjunct Professor at three colleges of the City University of New York System and as a Faculty lead at Walden University. He is currently also a mentor in Digital Marketing on the Coursera MOOC platform.
He continues to serve the steelband movement as a consultant to Pan Trinbago and as a Director of Panvesco.
Dr. Fletcher holds a B.Sc. (Hon) in Economics from the University of the West Indies, an M. Sc. In Computer Applications Technology from the University of Dundee in Scotland, U.K. and a PhD in Information Management from the Stevens Institute of Technology in N.J., U.S.A.
Sandra Awai - "PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER"
Shell Invaders Steel Orchestra
Sandra Awai is an experienced Public Relations professional, with many years of extensive experience in successfully promoting the brand of several organizations with which she has been affiliated. She is known in the Pan fraternity, having served as an advisor to many bands, including Arima Angel Harps, Tokyo, Merrytones and Curepe Scherzando. She served on the management team of Harmonites, as manager of Desperadoes, and is currently on the Management Board of Invaders.
While employed at Angostura, Sandra had the responsibility of representing the company as sponsor of several Steel bands, including Casablanca, Starlift, Siparia Deltones, Tripolians, Fonclaire, Woodbrook Playboyz, and Harmonites. She also worked directly with over one hundred unsponsored steel bands over the years as part of Angostura’s annual Carnival assistance programme to bands. Working in the Laventille Community, Sandra was able to develop networking relationships with all the bands, pan makers, tuners and arrangers.
She was asked to serve as a board member of the Laventille Steelband Festival Foundation, a position which she currently holds. This position allowed her to develop a relationship with all the other community Steel bands in preparing for parades and public performances. She is also an entrepreneur, having established a trucking business with her brother that specialized in transporting Steel bands throughout the country to various festivals.
She is a long-standing Deaconess at the Deeper Life Ministries Church, and is also the Founder/Director of the charitable Non-Profit organization More Love Foundation that works with the unfortunate and under privileged. This strong belief in her faith has made Sandra a well-rounded and dedicated Public Relations Professional, ready to serve as a strong and effective executive Officer at Pan Trinbago.
Maureen Clement - "EDUCATION OFFICER"
Maureen Clement is one of the first female panists to bring international recognition to the steelpan as a solo instrument in the classical music category, obtaining Second Place in 1980 Pan is Beautiful Solo Competition. She has over 40 years of general teaching experience and private music instruction in theory, steelpan, recorder, voice and piano.
Clement served 6 years as a conductor/ arranger for school steelbands at the Trinidad & Tobago National Steelpan Festivals, where she placed no lower than 3rd , attaining championship on two occasions; 30 years as the Conductor & Arranger of the Trinity Singers of Arouca; Musical Director, Conductor, & Arranger of the Entertainers Music School. She was the 2004 & 2002 Champion of the Composers Class at the National Music Festival, and holds an LTCL in Composition. As a Consultant to the Cultural Academy for Excellence (CAFE) in Maryland, USA for Music Program Design and Musical Directorship, she has performed internationally and conducted CAFE’s Positive Vibrations Youth Steel Orchestra during 2002 and 2003 in Senegal, West Africa. As an educator, Ms. Clement is known for her dedication and commitment to providing lower-income children with affordable music education for life-enrichment opportunities, and has received many citations and awards for her contribution including 2007 Woman of the Year from the People of Arima, and a citation from the Governor of Maryland, USA in 1999.
She currently serves as Musical Director of the Revelation Institute for Performing Education (RIPE). She also coordinates a programme at the Maximum Security Prison that teaches music to the inmates.
Avis Bruce-Brown - "EXTERNAL RELATIONS OFFICER"
Uni-Stars Steel Orchestra
Avis Bruce-Brown is the Captain and Co- Arranger of the Uni-Stars Steel Orchestra. She is also the Stage and Equipment Manager for the National Steel Symphony Orchestra, the National Philharmonic Orchestra and the National Theatre Arts Company of Trinidad and Tobago. She is an accomplished musician, having been a performing member of the National Steel Symphony Orchestra for over ten (10) years, before moving into her current managerial position.
With over twenty-five (25) years experience playing, teaching and arranging music at various levels, Avis gained her experience in the major pan yards of Trinidad. Her vision was to be a world class performer. The experiences gained served to benefit many persons she was able to influence during her many years of teaching and playing the pan.
Her work experience includes being a Music Tutor/Arranger for both St. Catherine and St. Charles Girls School, as well as arranging music for Casablanca Steel Orchestra. She also served as Arranger, Captain and Musical Director of San Juan East Side Symphony.
Avis was co-founder of Trinity All Generations School of Arts (TAGS) in Port-of-Spain. This venture served to establish her as an inspiring music teacher, leading many of her students to excel in both exams and music festivals. TAGS opened doors to larger and more established music organizations such as the Lydians and Lydians Steel. Her involvement with Lydian Steel afforded her priceless opportunities to work with some of the greatest artistic talents in Trinidad and Tobago. Having performed several operas conducted by our own Cultural Icon Ms. Pat Bishop, this has served to broaden her skill set, enabling her to perform at a higher level.
Avis Bruce-Brown is the anchor for her family. She is married to her partner in her music business, Kareem Brown and the mother of two boys. She has been able to balance the lifestyle as a panist, arranger and song writer with her family commitments with the support for her family under the grace of God. Her spirituality allows her to express her many talents to the benefit of others.
Her long-standing involvement and experience in pan has led to many notable achievements. She has achieved second place standing in both Pan Ramajay and Pan Is Beautiful competitions, and was judged the Champion in a Sanfest Competition, Steel Ensemble category. Avis is also the recipient of a Community Service Award from the San Juan/Laventille Regional Corporation, having been nominated by her District Councillor.
Avis was educated at the University of the West Indies where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music. She also achieved a grade 8 certification in Pan Practical Solos on the Tenor Pan from the University’s Centre for the Creative and Festival Arts. Her dream is to establish a school for the performing arts, where she can devote her time towards creating musicians who would entertain and inspire other musicians as she has done, for generations to come. She believes her knowledge and experience has prepared her to be of service to her fellow Panists.
Richard Smith - "TRUSTEE"
Old Tech Steel Orchestra
• MSc. Degree, Education, Duquesne University, Pittsburg, USA (2014)
• Post Graduate Diploma, Information Technology, University of Portsmouth UK (2005)
• Post Graduate Diploma, Development Studies, Universite Antilles Guyane, Guadeloupe 1990.
• Bsc. Degree, Louisiana State University, USA 1985
• High School – St. Benedict’s College, La Romaine
• IT Training at various Tertiary Institutes- 12 years
• CXC Maths Teacher- 8 Years
• Training Specialist for youth Tech Voc programmes- 3 years
Member of Old Tech Steel Orchestra since 2000 Executive member since 2007. Currently Treasurer of the band.
Vision: to see the arrival of a mass of young professional panists throughout the country, developed by promoting and supporting musical and academic programmes in panyards, that truly empowers the youth.
Ross Thomas - "TRUSTEE"
Pandemonium Steel Orchestra
Born on October 05, 1972, Thomas has spent 28 years in the steelband movement.
A former national footballer he has had associations with several steel orchestras including Renegades, Pamberi, Birdsong and La Horquetta Pan Groove.
Currently he teaches people to construct and tune the steelpan - an activity he has been engaged in since 1988. His work has taken him on trips to Japan, Holland, South Africa, among other countries.
A self-employed individual, Thomas received his early education at Gonzales Roman Catholic, Curepe Junior Secondary School and St. Augustine Secondary School. He is the holder of a certificate in advanced Steelpan Tuning from the University of Trinidad & Tobago.
Thomas’ life objective is to excel in all areas of activity in which he is engaged.
Immediately upon assuming office this Executive will embark on an assessment of the organization and will seek to have Constitutional Reform and a comprehensive Financial Plan to present to the membership. This plan will focus on Pan Trinbago overcoming the debt burden.
Focus would be placed on:
• Re-branding and Marketing Pan Trinbago Inc. to the World.
• Reaffirming stakeholder confidence in the organization.
• Boosting investor confidence in the organization.
• Regaining corporate Trinbago’s commitment and support.
• Seeking greater collaboration with government and its entities
A place to call home.
• Establishing a team to immediately pursue all available avenues of funding – local and international- to achieve the earliest completion of the organisation’s Headquarters
Sustainable Growth, Development and Transparency in the Management of Pan Trinbago Inc.
• Greater accountability in the way we do business.
• Prudent fiscal management of our financial resources.
• Creative and innovative investment/divestment of our organization’s assets and resources.
• Increasing Panvesco’s mandate to include the establishment of a Stabilization Fund that
• Will ensure the organization saves for a rainy day.
Creating an Economically viable steelpan industry.
• Efficient operation of a modern state-of-the-art Pan Factory and Chrome facility.
• Export of our steelpan products i.e. non-energy market.
• Enhance the steelpan industry as a lucrative market by making the steelpan attractive to advertise and export, globally.
• Pan Yards/Pan Theatres to be developed into entertainment hubs, hence creating sustainable profit centres.
A modernized approach to steelband leadership.
• The role of steelband management in the 21st Century.
• Developing the all-round talents of the pan player.
• Develop and enhance the pan players and their craft - i.e. music literacy, skills set and market attractiveness etc.
A greater role for women in the steelband fraternity.
• Implementation of a Pan Women’s Forum.
• Gender issues among pan women and pan men.
• The role of women in the pan yard, and in the band.
• The creation and development of more steelband leaders within the fraternity.
Youth Development and Participation.
• Pan Trinbago’s Youth Arm to be re-branded to become more attractive and relevant to the young steelpan musicians in the modern era.
• Establish a Pan Trinbago Tobago Youth Arm.
• Greater emphasis to be placed on the youth population as it relates to their needs, interests and contribution to the fraternity.
• Re-introduction of the National Youth Steel Orchestra (NYSO).
• Establishment of a Pan Scholarship Fund for young panists.
The establishment of at least three purpose-driven subsets within the organizational structure of Pan Trinbago to ensure greater levels of efficiency and development over the medium to long term.
• Establish Pan Trinbago Secretariat in London and New York as a pilot project.
• Partner with the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs through our Foreign
• Embassies and Missions with the possibility of having a culture desk resident.
Insurance coverage for the players
• Implement Group, Personal Accident or Group Health Plan among others to Pan
• Players and all staff members of Pan Trinbago.
Pan Pioneer’s Development Fund
• Establish a fund that will assist our pioneers of the fraternity who may be in need with medical and other personal problems/ challenges.
Panyard Regularization and Tenancy
• Set up a special committee at large that will review and pursue land tenancy and regularization issues affecting steelbands.
Single Pan Panorama to be enhanced
• Preserve and market our traditional steelpan competition as an important segment of the Carnival calendar.
• Corporate assistance to be given as an incentive.
Institutional Strengthening of Pan Trinbago
• All committees and sub-committees of Pan Trinbago will be full operationalized to assist the central executive committee.
EVENTS TO BE RE-ESTABLISHED
• Pan in the 21st Century
• Pan Down Memory Lane
• Steelband Music Festival
• International Conference and Panorama (ICP)
• Single Pan Festival (New Inventive)
• Champions Panorama (New Inventive)
• Pan in D Countryside
• Junior Music Festival
Well, THIS IS THE BEST SLATE TEAM that I have seen!!! REALLY TALENTED!!!
LOTS OF GOOD EXPERIENCE!!!
This is a very tough election!!!
In the end, it will all come down to CHARACTER.
What I have learned from THIS CAMPAIGN is that there is a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT of TALENT IN THE STEELBAND COMMUNITY. All we need to do is to suppress the EGO and the GREED and the CORRUPTION and work as TEAMS for PAN TO PROGRESS.
THE HUMAN RESOURCES ARE IN PLACE!!!
Mr. Gonzales, I'm looking at Pillar #12, 2nd bullet point . "Corporate assistance to be given as an incentive" I find that to be rather vague, what does that mean? Excuse me, I'm kinda slow, as you know.
Mr. Mercer: Everything that EVERYBODY has said on THIS FORUM on this CAMPAIGN TRAIL has been VAGUE. (I could put a qualifier before that VAGUE but children might be reading!)
Ah doh know why yuh think that because I am being POLITE that ah suddenly GET STUPID and loss meh edge!!!
It have TWO MORE WEEKS TO GO -- PLENTY MARK TO BUS!!! Hold yuh HORSES!!!
You bet. All have cocoa in the sun.
"All we need to do is to suppress the EGO and the GREED and the CORRUPTION and work as TEAMS for PAN TO PROGRESS."
What would do you do if your government give you a ATM machine and tell you to spend it how you want?
Character assessment/background check is not a prerequisite for a job at Pan Trinbago. I recently went through a similar experience for a contractor to work at the second largest Federal Enforcement Agency, 2 FBI agents came to check me out, one came to my job talked my manager the HR dept and co-worker, another met for a one on one 2 hour interview. Passed the check.
Its my understanding any private business that receives government funding for delivery of services have to give account on how the money was SPENT.
CHARACTER COUNTS, when its comes to human nature no telling what people will FALL for. The Ego "edging god out" is the down fall of most people.
I'm impressed at the caliber of people that has shown interest in contesting this election. After the election it would be nice if the take one person from each team and form a group to police PT.
Again I ask the question…What's your plan for a more equitable Panorama competition? Will we see and end to players playing with more than one band and using relatives names to claim their cheques?…Yes?… Maybe steel bands finding money to pay players…somehow...other than aiding and abetting fraud?
The rules for participation in Panorama were changed from the original "A player can only play with one band" to "A player can only register with one band" to "A player can play with only one band in each category" But you an I know that quite a number of pansists play with six and more bands….They have to be paid…somehow…Right?
I'm reading of plans to make the Single Pan Competiton more viable when Single Pan bands are the greatest contributors to cheque fraud…So tell me …How dat go wuk?...
My question to all the candidates standing for election is this.
The predecessor of Pan Trinbago (Steelbands Association > National Association of T&T Steelbandsmen) started off, in effect as a "Trade Union" under the leadership of George "Sonny" Goddard who led the boycott of Panorama, in effect striking for the betterment of steelpan.
Somehow and somewhere along the way, that premise was lost.
What do those aspiring to lead and do something for pan have to say about the idea of returning to those roots?
Have any PT Members or Delegates ever called for this and what was the response from the leadership?
Has anyone in any of these roles contacted NATUC to start a dialogue?
Enquiring Minds want to know.
© 2023 Created by When Steel Talks. Powered by