by Sharmain Baboolal

The 2018 Single Pan Champions Newtown Playboyz will not be defending their crown in 2019..and will deprive thenselves of a three peat.They first won the title in 2017 mere months after the band was formed. It was a breakaway from Brian Kuei Tung's Woodbrook Playboyz when Kuei Tung sold his property on Tragarete Road unknown to the band members. Keiron Valentine who was Deputy Mayor of Port of Spain managed to get some help to have access to current location which was an abandoned lot . They entered Panorama in 2017 but were not eligible . To compound it all they won ..and repeated in 2018.

The locked gates one week before judging in the single pan prelims and there is not a sound coming from the yard.

Keiron Valentine, when I asked hin last week, said the band would defend the title with arranger Akiba Joseph. That they had "put down" the music in December and that he would attend last weekend's Extra Ordinary meeting of Pan Trinbago and see how things go.

Money is the problem..but it goes deeper than that I am told..with buzzword like bounced cheques surfacing from credible quarters.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Because this is a PNM supported band,.Keiron Velentine is a active member of the PNM bounce cheques from credible quarters????
  • MONEY WITH PANMEN IS LIKE DRUGS IN A POLICE STATION.
    • Cecil: Give meh some scores, nah man. Beverley shut down all meh sources since she win and now you is the only man who have connections down in Trinidad. Yuh only throwing hints!!!

Which checks bouncing? Ah want to know!!!

• NON STOP BACCHANAL, BOY!

AA

This reply was deleted.