Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music
Does anyone have the MOU between the NCC and Pan Trinbago (Keith Diaz)?
From the information available it seems as though the NCC will be deducting 20% of the government's subvention to Pan Trinbago. What a travesty!
Pan players should never agree to this.
This may be a good reason to boycott Panorama 2019!
3. The NCC will contract with PAN TRINBGO on an annual basis for the provision by PAN TRINBAGO of services (creative and technical) necessary to implement the NCC's plan for the events in consideration of a management fee equivalent to 20% of the gate receipts derived therefrom. The remaining 80% of the revenue from gate receipts shall be retained by the NCC and used to offset any incurred expenditure in relation to the events. The balance of the revenue from gate receipts AFTER the payments of the said management fee and the offsetting of the expenses incurred in relation to the events, shall be paid to Pan Trinbago.
He who pays the piper calls the tune.
What percentage of the "80%" will be legitimate incurred expenditure will be due to NCC and not Pan Trinbago will determine who gets what in the end.
The key is to reduce the unnecessary expenditure.
Steelbands without balls, Scrotum's already sold...
And the National Carnival Commission (NCC) is the vice grip that will hold the steel band body by the testicles according to the draconian terms of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) which was signed and sealed- but never delivered to the membership- never mind that substantive issues are yet to be determined by the Court of Appeal.
Not only has the President weaseled his way out of a deep hole into which he sunk with the weight of allegations of financial impropriety, but the MOA which will be in effect until 2021 binds the incoming President- and executive of Pan Trinbago making them redundant for the remaining term of this government It’s the boldest play, yet, in hostile takeover bid which started under the current People’s National Movement (PNM) regime when the interest groups (representing Pan, Mas and Calypso) were absent from NCC Board meetings. http://sharmainbaboolal.blogspot.com/
What I still don't understand is the 20% payment to DIAZ and FORTEAU. I mean the government gives them 25 million to produce PANORAMA. That is their job (already loaded with PERKS) as executives of PAN TRINBAGO to produce the show.
Now they get PAID 20% of the GATE for producing a show that they got elected to produce with an office and salary and allowances. And they get to run all kinda bobol with the companies contracted to deliver services. (Don't forget the RENTAL CAR BILL.)
In the end they end up 8 MILLION DOLLARS short and cannot pay the WINNING BANDS or the PAN PLAYERS.
But Keith Diaz end up making over a MILLION DOLLARS in TICKETS that he swiped. And Sheppard get a check for $95,000 and FORTEAU get his MANY SHARES all around.
Why allyuh think it have about 8 PEOPLE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT? And who in their right mind thinks that the CORRUPTION will end just because a NON-BINDING agreement was signed by DIAZ and GYPSY.
In a land where THE POLICE is doing the KIDNAPPINGS FOR RANSOM (crimes of POLITICAL PARTY INTIMIDATION, really) -- how would a MOU stop corruption in PAN TRINBAGO?
but give hell or high water the show will go on
boycott is one set of grand charge
In T&T, yes.
Looking back as we move Forward...