Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music
The first Panorama in Brooklyn was held in 1972, and on August 31st, 2019 was the 45th in the 5 decades. The winning arrangers & bands:
1972<>TROPICANS with DENZIL "Belt" BOTUS
1973<>PAN MASTERS with DAVE LA BARRIE
1974 Panorama was rained out
1975<>BROOKLYNAIRES with LEON STERLING
1976<>EXIBITS with ANTHONY LYNCH
1977<>MOODS with LEN "Boogsie" SHARPE
1978<>SATISFIERS with TREVOR KING
At Panorama 1965, Steve Achaiva was a panist with Cavaliers and
in 1975, he arranged for Hatters.
At Panorama 1969, Herschel Puckerin, Len Sharpe and Pelham Goddard were all panists with Starlift.
In 1978, Herschel arranged for Starlift, in 1987, Len arranged for Phase II and Pelham arranged for Exodus in 1992.
In 1973, Leon Edwards was a panist with All Stars and in 1980 arranged for them.
In 1966 and 1970 Robert Greenidge was a…Continue
(1) Skiffle changed their tune 6 days before the prelims and still placed in the top-three.
(2) St. Margaret Boys' won the Primary Schools Panorama for the 1th time since 2004.
(3) Renegades Youths with arranger Andrew Charles won their 5th consecutive Junior Panorama for a total of 11 wins since 2002.
(4) St. Francois Girls College with arrangements from Rorry Aleong won the High Schools Panorama for the sixth time in eight years. They now share the lead with St.…Continue
ON 4 OCCASIONS STEEL ORCHESTRA/ARRANGER HAS SCORED 97% OR HIGHER AT A PANORAMA FINAL.
(a) List the respective orchestras/arrangers
(b) List the years
(c) List the tunes
(d) List each placement, i.e 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.
(e) List the respective points scored
(1) FROM 1973 THROUGH 2015, TUNES WITH PAN AS PART OF THE NAME HAVE BEEN PERFORMED 66 TIMES AT CONVENTIONAL PANORAMA FINALS.
(2) BANDS HAVE WON MORE PERFORMING AT POSITION #1 AT PANORAMA THAN POSITIONS 2, 3, 7, 11, 12 and 13.
(3) OUT OF THE 54 YEARS OF PANORAMA FINALS, ONLY 3 YEARS STEEL ORCHESTRA PERFORMED A DIFFERENT TUNE. THE YEARS ARE 2006, 2015 and 2016.
(4) RAY HOLMAN and DESPERADOES ARE THE ONLY NAMES THAT WERE PANORAMA FINALISTS IN 1960'S, 1970'S, 1980'S, 1990'S,…