NEWSDAY, Section A, Sunday, 6th August 2017, Pg 17

NCC MEDIA RELEASE

In response to the Newsday article of Thursday August 3, 2017, the NCC wishes to make its position clear.

Prior to the start of Panorama 2017, a conflict arose between Pan Trinbago and its membership with respect to the players’ stipends for 2016. Although the full 2016 Government allocation of monies for pan was paid to Pan Trinbago, which included the players’ stipend for 20i6, Pan Trinbago failed to pay the stipend to the Steelband players. Pan Trinbago subsequently informed NCC that it had no funds from which to settle the stipends. Notwithstanding, in order to ensure that Steelband players received their monies, the NCC agreed to advance (TT)$3.9 M(illion) to Pan Trinbago, on condition that these monies would be deducted from the revenue from 2017 ticket sales and their 2017 Government allocation. The NCC also agreed to and has advanced monies to Pan Trinbago so that it could pay salaries and administrative expenditure, on condition that these monies would be deducted from the revenue from 2017 ticket sales and their 2017 Government allocation.

Accordingly, the NCC denies that it owes Pan Trinbago (TT)$4.5 M(illion), as stated in the Newsday article.

In relation to the payment of players’ stipends for 2017, the NCC is in the process of completing what is required for those stipends to be disbursed, which should be available for the Steelband players by the end of August 2017.

KENNETH DE SILVA
Chairman
August 04, 2817

National Carnival Commission [Logo]

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Look like Pan Trinbago cash flow problem will be indefinite.

• Loaded with incompetence and corruption, bobbol and commesse rampant, but they like it so, ent.

• So it look like KEITH DIAZ bankrupt PAN TRINBAGO (for real) because he has finally depleted ALL SOURCES OF FUNDS. Looks like he has little choice but to step down now. The NCC play some real hard ball with him (now that the cards are getting turned up).

Doh tell me GREGORY LINDSAY and AQUIL ARRINDELL going and take over that organization now.

And I say KEITH DIAZ til 2020 ... Doctor Dolly real slick, she slice up the man payroll and that was the end of that!!!

This reply was deleted.