Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Pan Trinbago (Youth Arm) in collaboration with Trinidad & Tobago’s Ministry of Education will co-host the National Schools Panorama Finals at the Queen’s Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain, on Sunday 4 February 2018. Starting time is 9:00 a.m. local time (8:00 EST), and entry is free.

Trinidad & Tobago’s Minister of Education, The Honourable Anthony Garcia, will deliver the feature address with Ms. Marceline Peters giving the Opening Remarks. The Minister of Community Development, Culture and The Arts—Dr. the Honourable Nyan Gadsby—Dolly-is among the specially invited guests.

....The finalists in three categories were selected after several days of judging at the competitors’ schools, pan yards and communities throughout the country. Those going forward are Primary School (12) and Secondary School (9), and Elite Group (15).

click for finalists in respective categories

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Claude,  does this event look like our pan culture is in trouble?  26 bands from every corner of our twin island nation being represented by youths.  I think NOT.  I wouuld rather like to read of people using their energy and time to promote and encourage these youths.

Brenda H.

• Brenda: I will answer your question with a calypso which starts with these lines: Every year the same STUPID NEWS/how the STEELBAND destined to fall/but I cannot share in their views/ I can't see this happening at all/All I see is progress/all I see is success/[and the 36 young steelband/from every corner of our twin island ...]

This reply was deleted.