When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Leason Jacobs  Commentary

Yesterday at 12:25 AM ·

Listening to the single pan semi finals, and one thing I must say..the hitters are literally HITTING the fackin instruments..fellas alyuh over doing this shit now man, I love listening to the sound of OUR national instrument but alyuh have them sounding like garbage cans man..Alyuh real get meh vex this hour inno..Shit!!!!!!!
Have a good night ---  Leason Jacobs 

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Have been playing pan for a very long and I can't  remember anyone telling me or asking me why am I beating the pan,however I know that I have a little hearing problem because people sometimes ask why am I speaking so loud so I have to try and control it. that makes me believe that being in the pan yard (may)have cause it and I do believe that (maybe) some players need to beat the pan because they have the same problem. However I believe the drillers and arrangers should hold themselves responsible for players beating the pans. maybe someone can explain this to me when the band is practicing the intro they are told that the very first note should be powerful. could that be possible in any other way.

THIS IS WHY I am now going to be the BIGGEST ADVOCATE OF SYNTHESIZED PAN MUSIC where you can CONTROL THE TIMBRE AND TONALITY of THE NOTES.

Please listen to playing pan          https://youtu.be/mzaQGMwC7kw

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service