Desperadoes and Renegades joint Panorama winners in 1985 with both bands playing the same tune lord Kitchener's Pan Night and Day, Could history repeat it self for Panorama 2018 with both bands holding the top two positions and playing the same tune Year For Love by Voice.? I am not a Pan Guru or Fortune Teller, Just seeking your opinions here. As one of the top class arrangers said all bands start at zero points for the Finals.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am inclined to agree with this prediction. Two weeks to the finals is a long time though, let's see how it plays out.

• Sorry—There is no comparison.  Desperadoes, so far, is not in the same league as Renegades. In fact, silver stars and Skiiffle were better than Desperadoes. 

• Earl: That "all bands start at zero points for the FINALS" was just a little pretense at humility. Don't take it too seriously. RENEGADES know that they done LICK UP THE PANORAMA!!! You are not going to improve to that level in the SEMIS and then FALL OF THE STAGE on PANORAMA NIGHT. Plus 99% of the people on this forum done give them win. Doh talk about the media and the GENERAL PUBLIC.

In other words: NO TIES THIS YEAR!!!

• Those who neglect the past are doomed to repeat it.

After the semis, much the same was true of Fonclaire in 1991 with "Pan by Storm"

Pandemonium in 1988 with "Sailing"

Phase II in 1986 with "Pan Rising"

All Stars in 1996 with ""Soca Warriors"

Etc Etc Etc.

Doh ever take anything for granted in Panorama.

• Claude: well said it is what it is but remember Power Stars came second after the prelims in their category and just so as Chalkie would say FALL OF THE STAGE on Semi Finals night. 

This reply was deleted.