When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

From WITCO Desperadoes.

WITCO Desperadoes wishes to categorically disassociate itself from reports in the media referring to statements alleged to have been made by our arranger Robert Greenidge with regard to a call for foreign Panorama judges. We wish to emphatically state that no such statements were made by Robert Greenidge, nor did any such emanate from any other member of the band. We recognize the extreme difficulties of judging a Panorama competition and have always accepted the fact that ‘the decisions of the judges are final’.

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WELL SIDD I AGREE WITH SOME OF THE THINGS YOU SAY, BUT IF THE STATEMENT WAS NOT MADE BY ROBERT GRENIDGE ABOUT A CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL JUDGES THEN IT SHOULD BE MADE KNOWN THAT THIS WAS NOT TRUE. I AGREE WITH THE OTHER THINGS YOU SAY ESPECIALLY ALONG THE LINES THAT IT'S HIGH TIME THAT PAN TRINBAGO WEAN ITSELF OFF THE GOV'T TITTIES AND RAISE FUNDS ON THEIR OWN, SIMILAR SENTIMENTS I HAVE EXPRESSED TO PATRICK ARNOLD DIRECTLY. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE LOOK AT HOW SUCCESSFUL OBAMA WAS AT USING THE INTERNET TO RAISE FUNDS, THIS IS AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME FOR PAN TRINBAGO., I TOLD PATRICK ARNOLD THAT IT WAS A BIG DISRESPECT FOR THE GOV'T TO DEVELOP AND LAUNCH THE "G PAN" WITH NO INVOLVEMENT OR INVITATION FOR PAN TRINBAGO. IT BEGS THE QUESTION: SO WHAT IS PAN TRINBAGO? CHOPPED LIVER? PAN TRINBAGO HAS TO DEMAND AND EARN THE RESPECT OF THE GOV'T. I WISH PAN TRINBAGO, PAN LOVERS WORLDWIDE AND ALL A SUCCESSFUL PANORAMA AND CARNIVAL IN T&T. WITH REGARDS, FRANK HISLOP
Frank,

It should be noted that Mr. Greenidge did not make that statement this year, but he was apparently quoted saying it last year...and for me that's good enough because he spoke from his heart. Those words may have cost them last year, so I'm not surprised to see him distance himself from those statements this year, it could be a case of learning from your past mistakes.
Thank you Despers,but I think that the judges really need to update themself in the music world.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service